I'm told Kansas is Mecca for mallards. Guide suggestions?

Discussion in 'Kansas Flyway Forum' started by yupitsnuge, Jan 12, 2022.

1. WuChang

WuChang Elite Refuge Member

I asked for some info for a waterfowl photo safari I am thinking about doing this spring in the Great Bend area.

The info I got from several of the members of this forum was overwhelmingly helpful,detailed and even offered to take me personally to some of the spots where I might get the images I want.
    Their info will help me save time finding lodging, save gas and time and hopefully come away with waterfowl images that extend my 'duck season'.

Since it was a private conversation, I won't mention their names but they post frequently here and while I am dubious as to some of the practicality of some of their proposals, I do appreciate their help even if I am a "full fledged Missouri bushwhacker who only comes back to rape, pillage and plunder the resources of the state":yes:l:joker

ED Vanderbeck likes this.
  2. WuChang

While it is about as melodramatic as it gets.....you have a bright future as a Washington DC speech writer

I nominate this as a candidate of post of the month :bow

JP likes this.
  3. S.davis

S.davis Senior Refuge Member

In the spirit of helping out, I'll tell you this, and I'm not messing with you: Kansas is not a mecca for mallards...and it never has been. It's not a mecca for any hunting species, anymore, not even the species it used to be a mecca for, and the duck hunting in Kansas has never been very good. The only thing it's a mecca for now is cheap, easy access to mediocre to poor hunting.

SEKhunter and ED Vanderbeck like this.
  4. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

f think OOS'ers will find us as friendly (in person) as the residents from any other state are.
    What we DON'T like are the commercial outfitters/guides who are in the process of ruining private hunting lands here (after they assaulted our public lands).
    The OP asked for help finding an outfitter/guide service. Won't find much help here for that.
    If/when he asks for help freelancing a hunt in Kansas, he'll find ...as WoChang did and as will you...that we can be as obliging as anyone else. (although it will probably be through PM's rather than on the forums)

Note: you won't find many Kansans going on other State Forums telling those residents how pathetic they are, either. Consider your invitation revoked.
    There's enough rudeness on here as it is, we don't need more from your ilk.

5. kansascutter

kansascutter Senior Refuge Member

Wu,
    I write from the heart…..:amen

SEKhunter likes this.
  6. kansascutter

kansascutter Senior Refuge Member

A whole lotta truth right here. Sad a lot of you will never know how it was….

ED Vanderbeck and SEKhunter like this.
  7. WuChang

Glad to hear that…..I thought it was from a place south of that location :l :l :l :joker

kansascutter likes this.
  8. Timber Hole

Timber Hole Elite Refuge Member

You seem less than satisfied with the response. It will be noted on the survey!! :l

9. Scal les

Scal les Senior Refuge Member

Y'all need to post in California with tuleman hes not a OOsers. Hes a Cool American:tu

10. marshmob

marshmob Elite Refuge Member

Actually alot of the guys here are really awesome people and would help except when you are constantly bit by the same dog would you keep trying to let it bite you or put it down. Said it before, oos simply comes in and trashes places, literally, sky busts everything cause why not they came to shoot , etc etc etc. This won’t be popular to say but the military officers by me do the same thing. Their temporary so screw it they do what they want. Lost more than one spot the farmer let them on and they drove their overcompensating trucks all over and ripped stuff up.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022