In Christ

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Buffalo Howler, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Buffalo Howler

Buffalo Howler Senior Refuge Member

1 John 5:20
    “And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.“

Throughout scripture we see the phrase “in Christ”. Let’s discuss what this means. For example from the above verse we can see that those who are in Christ are also in him that is true. Lets explore scripture to see further explanation of what “in Christ” means. Post up what you find.

molliesmaster likes this.
  2. Buffalo Howler

1 Corinthians 1:30
    “But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:”

Is it too far to say all wisdom, righteousness, sanctification and redemption are all inclusive to Christ?
    You will not find it anywhere else! Imagine searching for wisdom. In Christ alone will it be found.

3. Buffalo Howler

1 John 2:14
    “I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.“

The Word of God. Dwell on that phrase for a moment......
    Throughout scripture we see the Him. He comes to the prophets and he comes and to the saints. Do not be deceived by anyone. Jesus Christ comes inside you and lives in you. It sets a Christian apart from the world because the Word of God dwells in them.

4. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming Moderator

I read this, this morning and it made me think of this thread:

“Ye have sown much, and bring in little; ye eat, but ye have not enough; ye drink, but ye are not filled with drink; ye clothe you, but there is none warm; and he that earneth wages earneth wages to put it into a bag with holes."

We need Him. We need the light of Christ within us as you just noted.

5. Buffalo Howler

2 Corinthians 13:3-5
    Since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, which to you-ward is not weak, but is mighty in you. For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.
    Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Christ in you. There you have it in the last verse. We are weak in Him. Christ speaking in Paul. We are to check if we are in the faith.
    “In-teresting”:)
    Do you ever ask the question?