IN Results

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by Trevor Shannahan, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

Exactly... I worked my azz off for a year to get check geese out of my routine. Now you can't even really tell where I get my breath at which makes flow even better That was a huge accomplishment for me, but it doesn't seem to be appreciated by many judges. Same thing with having a great feed call in duck calling. My theory behind that is because they can't do it and never tried to. The judges that either can do it, or tried it and couldn't are the ones who seem to score it higher because they know how difficult it is.

In my eyes a technically difficult routine with good flow should always beat a choppy boring routine with good power, but I'm not every judge. Some want to hear blazing fast, some want to hear ear bleeding loud, some want to hear nasty low end, ect... It is just something we as contest callers accept

2. Fowlballer

Fowlballer Elite Refuge Member

So could one assume that the judge's own preference or region that he is from skew the outcome?

3. Trevor Shannahan

It takes at least two judges IMO to change the outcome of a contest. 1 judge having crazy scores is just going to get thrown out, a second needs to be along the same lines to change an outcome.

4. HeritageHunter

HeritageHunter Senior Refuge Member

What is "check geese"?

5. Trevor Shannahan

The single clucks most people do between sequences while getting their breath. I worked real hard to only have one so that you can't tell where I am breathing. Kelley Powers got on me about it a couple of years ago after a contest he judged and it stuck with me and I finally got it down last year. Very few people can do it, most have 3-6 clucks that really hurt flow, and that is why I worked real hard to get it

6. miner_band

miner_band Senior Refuge Member

All it proves is Trevor sucks!!!!!!!!!! Now keep crying:cry:cry:cry

7. titleistpro2

titleistpro2 Senior Refuge Member

Seriously? Please find a way to be more beneficial to the forum.

8. miner_band

miner_band Senior Refuge Member

yup serious, better people than him have not won many times, and they don't bring their complaining here, somebody give the guy a hug or something, anybody in the game knows that when you go to small venues you get odd judging, sh it happens, and yes I have felt wronged after leaving IN before myself, ain't no big deal!

9. TSUSR

TSUSR Senior Refuge Member

Odd judging...with some of the names in the judging panel I'd say the contest could have been judged by some of the best...who were the judges for the open goose?

10. waterfowlpro

waterfowlpro Senior Refuge Member

For the open goose it was, Clay Hudnall, Colt Roth, Matt Haase, Jeff House and George Lynch.