In

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Buffalo Howler, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Buffalo Howler

Buffalo Howler Senior Refuge Member

In the following verse Paul lays it out.

Colossians 1:27
    “To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:“

Regardless of what translation it the words “ in you” that we must discuss. Today in Christendom being “saved” is the focal discussion. “How is a person saved?” is what gets the headlines. Do you ever asked yourself “What from?”
    All too often men have been given a vision of a type of heaven. A few versions even purpose a planet with their own wives or a kingdom with their own virgins! This all leaves men in their lust only to die with a lie. There is hope for those in Christ because Christ is in them! ( see above verse ). When we live in this world as Christian men we are set apart. Holy. This is not from what we do but from who is in us.

Romans 8:8
    “So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.“

When we live in Christ it’s only because he lives in us. Nothing can make us holy but God himself. Do you desire to be holy now or are you waiting for it?

2. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming Moderator

When you, you specifically get to heaven, what's there, and what do you do when you get there for eternity?

I hear various things in regards to this and I am always wondering what others believe it's going to be like there...

3. Buffalo Howler

Unrestrained worship.

4. sdkidaho

I don’t know what that means. Can you expand upon that answer?

5. Buffalo Howler

It begins by studying the character of God. The maker of heaven and earth. Throughout scripture we can see how the worship of creation destroys the relationship with the creator.

Romans 1:25
    “Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.“

When we begin to focus on who God is and that what he created by speaking into existence we are brought to worship. Our most intimate relationships here in this world are only a shadow of what heaven is. Perfect harmony for all of eternity. Never will sin cause confusion, frustration and chaos in relationship to Him.

Matthew 22:30
    “For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.“

Forever able to freely worship as we were created to do.

6. sdkidaho

But what does that entail doing? I’m interested to know what that means. Saying that you’ll be worshiping Him sounds good but it’s vague.

How do you study the character of God? How are you going to focus on who God is? I’m not talking here, I’m talking in heaven - what will you be doing there moment to moment...?

7. Buffalo Howler

John 4:23
    But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

Hebrews 6:18
    That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:

A place to start is to be in the presence of God where there is no lie. Both passages stress the importance of truth. It will be a place where there will never be a lie. To live forever in the Truth. God has told us about the Devil the father of lies.

John 8:44
    Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

8. sdkidaho

These things discuss what we can be attempting to do now. What I want to know is what do you think you’ll be doing in heaven?

Does this mean you’ll be studying scripture?

9. Buffalo Howler

I can not see the need to study scripture. Paul speaks about this here as well.

Philippians 3:12-21
    “Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
    Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.
    Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample. (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.) For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.“

I will be with God.

10. sdkidaho

Doing what, exactly? That is my question. If you will be with God, what is it you will be doing with God?

Maybe I’m asking this wrong and being unclear.

I know what I do when I wake up every day here on planet earth. What I want to know is, what will you be doing with God, when you are in heaven with Him?