In

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Buffalo Howler, Aug 12, 2019 at 7:57 PM.

1. Buffalo Howler

Buffalo Howler Senior Refuge Member

I think your asking the wrong question.
    Many today attempt to impose their life here on earth to how it will be in heaven. For example. I was bass fishing with my Dad years ago and the fish were really biting. Nice ones too. I remember telling him that if I never lived another day I had found everything I could hope for right then. After a while we ended up going home and through the years the memories fade and it is mostly forgotten except for the idea that I had obtained what a Buddhist would refer to as Nirvana. I was deceived. I was the one caught on the lake that day. The world was offering a substitute joy that was temporary.

To answer your question I will have to say I hope to be doing nothing that will remind me of this world and it’s temptations, lies, lusts and deceptions. It will be perfect fellowship with God and his people doing what we were rightly created to do. Worship for eternity.

2. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming Moderator

Ok, that makes better sense, thank you.

Now can you tell me what you mean by worship for eternity? What acts transpire during worship?

3. Mr. Chokesonducks

Mr. Chokesonducks Elite Refuge Member

Does worshipping for eternity sound fun? That seems more like hell to me. What kind of conceited God would require you to do this for eternity? Not trolling here, but that heaven sounds like a place I don’t want to be.

4. Buffalo Howler

Buffalo Howler Senior Refuge Member

That’s a great question. What were are really talking about here is worship. As a reference I’ll refer to this verse.

Revelation 5:14
    “And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.“

Everyone in this world worships something. The dictionary references reverence and honor to describe worship.
    The Bible uses an image of bowing before a throne, kissing of a hand or kneeling. One must look at this very carefully. How can we relate this to something we see here?
    On the other forums we see men’s love for their dogs. As duck hunters we can see the devotion, honor and reverence our dogs have. Man’s best friend they’ve been called. Are you Gods friend? Do you ask the dog why he shows praise and honor to you? What makes you worthy?
    I believe God created everything to teach us about himself. The relationship between master and slave is revealed here. The first sentence in the book of James he lists himself as a slave/bondservant. How do you serve God with blessings and honor and glory? Watch your dog this fall and see how he models love and devotion to his master.

Matthew 15:26-28
    “But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs. And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table. Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.“