Inflation Reduction Act

Bear

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

widgeon

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They coulda just told the fed to increase interest rates more aggressively.

All democrats know how to do is tax and spend. Yea let’s do more of that since that is working out so well…

Increasing the interest rate would help poor working people who save their money. That's not what they want

capefearflyfox

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Is that why the Fed rate has quintupled over the last 3 months?
They could be far more aggressive, but they won't be. They fully realize their incompetence is letting the air out of their electoral balloon.

mrmallerd

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Thru my years, I have worked for & against the IRS. In the last several years the IRS has went vastly down hill. The competence of their auditors leaves much to be desired. Considering the current crop will be promoted to oversee & train the new hires, I forsee a total shetshow. One thing for sure, it will not be good for small business or the middle class.

J.Bennett

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
They could be far more aggressive, but they won't be. They fully realize their incompetence is letting the air out of their electoral balloon.
Given the favorable jobs report and unemployment numbers, I’m sure that they’ll continue to raise it. How much more aggressive would you like to see it? In May, the Fed rate was 0.5, it’s currently 2.5… I’ve read that it will likely be 3.5 by the end of the year. FYI, this is the most aggressive rate increase since 1994. Where do you think it should be by the end of the year?

In my opinion, they need to keep raising it as long as the jobs and unemployment numbers remain favorable. Once those numbers start to slip, it’s time to reign in the rate increases.