Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Insane 4 wheeler ATV prices, are they high in your area, nutz around here.

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Lip Shooter, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

The wife said she wanted a new 4 wheeler a couple years back so we bought her a new Honda Rancher with power steering. I had a older one for myself which was good enough for me. I usually run around in a side by side so the wheeler does not get much use maybe a quick snow plowing when there is not enough snow to use the skidsteer. I looked at the milage on the rancher after almost 2 years 11 miles on it and wife said to sell it. I liked the power steering on that newer machine. Decided to sell the old Polaris 500 HO.

20+ year old ATV Polaris 500 HO 900 miles on it, sold it for 4600 bucks, heck the tires are starting to dry rot. I paid like 5200 out the door for that rig over 20 years ago.

How and why could anyone pay that much for a old wheeler?

I hate how things like this usually devalue so much so fast, so I run them til they are dead, but getting 4600 bucks is a laugher, and I had 2 more people begging to come see it.

2. hobbydog

hobbydog Elite Refuge Member

Yeah, people got surplus checks or something. The market for outdoor related stuff is crazy. New prices aren’t any better.

JP and salthunter like this.
  3. ripline

ripline Elite Refuge Member

Prices are similar to last year around here. Zero inventory on new though, so the prices are very likely to go up!

4. Farm4wildlife

Farm4wildlife Elite Refuge Member

Had the camo turned purple yet?

1duckmaster and salthunter like this.
  5. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

No it was a green one, had a camo fabric cover on it and zero fading and the seat was like new when I took the cover off of that.

Farm4wildlife likes this.
  6. 20gaSprig

20gaSprig New Member

That's wild but doesn't surprise me. Anything outdoor related is crazy right now; boats, outboards, ATVs, trailers, etc. Supply is extremely limited and demand is through the roof.

7. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

It is that way on used decoys. Guys out here posting on fuge classified - GHG snow goose decoys $180 a dozen and I can buy them for $200 brand new. Why would I buy used when differential is only 10%. Yes prices on UTVs and ATVs are just as stupid for the used ones. Guys offering up used Polaris within $1,000 of what the new one is on sale and used one is a few years old. Why. I still have my 2005 Honda 500 and it has been stored both inside and out, but always covered, but body kit is breaking down. But it still runs strong as ever and might be why old ones still have some value.

8. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

You're not seeing an increase in value on atv's.
    The dollar is getting more and more worthless and you ain't seen nothing yet.

SKDuckhunt and JP like this.
  9. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Wanna see something crazy? Look at the prices for 1-3 year old Toyota Tundras. People are getting wayyyy over KBB to trade them in.

10. Farm4wildlife

Farm4wildlife Elite Refuge Member

Quiet you.

We don't know that for certain yet.

salthunter likes this.