Is fall turkey season bad?

3B209

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Well excuse me.
Living in a rural area my entire life, the only urban myths I have ever heard have been from the interwebs.

It appears the turkey hunters are a very sensitive group and were triggered by some of the posted comments.
I apologize in advance if this post triggers anyone.
Maybe me saying i bow hunt them without a blind was offensive or taken as snarky. Just find it ironic that it was deleted without any notification or explanation. Id think you wouldnt get future notifications if deleted. Very woke/ cancel culture'ish. Me no like so me no see. Seems legit.

Reactions: SRW

Luigi Daniele

Big Game, Turkey Forums
Reaction score
Can i ask why it was deleted? I honestly dont recall any name calling what so ever.
Here are two that in hindsight probably didn’t deserve deleting:
Pot Hole
There are a number of areas of the country where turkey numbers are down from historical levels. I'm sure much of this decline can be attributed to various other factors besides those birds taken by hunters, but what I can't understand is if a specific area is experiencing low overall numbers (both Toms and hens), why have a fall season where potentially either sex can be harvested if you want to build the population back up?

Luigi Daniele

Big Game, Turkey Forums
Reaction score
3B209:

I hunt them with a bow, without a blind, both seasons. Not easy. Could care less what anyone thinks about it. If blind sittin shotgunners are going to argue turkey ethics, kind of comical imo.

Pheasants got out managed by almonds where im from.

3B209

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Here are two that in hindsight probably didn’t deserve deleting:
Pot Hole
There are a number of areas of the country where turkey numbers are down from historical levels. I'm sure much of this decline can be attributed to various other factors besides those birds taken by hunters, but what I can't understand is if a specific area is experiencing low overall numbers (both Toms and hens), why have a fall season where potentially either sex can be harvested if you want to build the population back up?
fair nuff, just rather avoid it in the future.
Note to self... dont post any hens with easton axis 340 holes in them come fall.

Luigi Daniele

Big Game, Turkey Forums
Reaction score
If you two want to re-post them, I will tidy up the thread :)

SRW

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
fair nuff, just rather avoid it in the future.
Note to self... dont post any hens with easton axis 340 holes in them come fall.
A noble gesture. Following your lead, I shan't post any photos of any turkeys, any time of year, with any holes matching the calibers of any firearms I own.