Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Is This Also at a Walmart Near You?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by JP, Jun 7, 2020.

1. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

You realize the above statement just labeled ~70% of the population of the country as idiots. Must be some sort of left-coast arrogance in play.

Waxed Canvas likes this.
  2. FriedPotatoes

FriedPotatoes Elite Refuge Member

deterrence is a legitimate form of defense as well. Would you rather commit crimes in an area of high gun ownership or low?

JP likes this.
  3. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

Wow! You people REALLY don't get it. Arming people with ZERO firearms experience does no good for anyone. They would be a danger to everyone. Including law abiding citizens AND themselves. They would be shooting innocent bystanders and possible even themselves because of lack of gun handling skills. I'm a 2A supporter but I also support common sense. The time to arm yourself is not when SHTF.

I'll leave this thread to all of you butt hurt conspiracy theorists and obvious trolls.

4. FriedPotatoes

FriedPotatoes Elite Refuge Member

again just the fact that a given area has a high rate of gun ownership is in and of itself a kind of deterrent to those thinking of committing crimes. In other words, some of the crimes wouldn’t be committed, this guns wouldn’t be used, therefore your fear of law abiding citizens gunning each other down would be somewhat unfounded.

All that being said, how many gun owners have zero firearms experience?

5. Grif

Grif Elite Refuge Member

Judging from the amount of reports we take of guns being stolen from unlocked vehicles......many. You wouldn't believe it if you didn't see it.

And yeah, I realize that doesn't make all of them inexperienced....but for forks sake, it sure as hell makes them idiots.

And I'm for everybody arming themself if they choose.

6. Porter Bayou

Porter Bayou Elite Refuge Member

15 of the top 25 most violent states are also in the top 25 of gun ownership. Before you say it, I'm sure both of the links I've provided are some liberal media hack job with an agenda.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/states/gun-ownership-by-state/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/40968963

7. Porter Bayou

Porter Bayou Elite Refuge Member

Wal-Mart. The company everybody loves to hate, yet continues to spend their money there. Hate them cause they killed downtown and in the very next breathe, hate them cause they don't or won't sell a certain product. The "public" truly are stupid. No wonder the company has made billions.

Waxed Canvas likes this.
  8. Mallard Machete

Mallard Machete Elite Refuge Member

A lot can be explained to a new owner; by an experienced owner, in about 30 minutes. Then a little range time, and they are capable of defending themselves.

An 870 + A box of shells + a large target with some bullseyes drawn on it, and a little time; go a long way.

JP and Meach like this.
  9. Waxed Canvas

Waxed Canvas Elite Refuge Member

I saw where all firearms and rifle ammo was off the shelves at the Wall of China Mart in Nashville, AR last week while making sales calls. Interestingly, they still had plenty of Shotgun Shells for sale. I am sure the young CEO of Wal Mart has surrendered all of his pistols and rifles and he’s probably gotten rid of his armed guards to live by example. This ain’t Sam Walton’s Wal Mart. The country Folks that made Wal Mart are being deprived of a basic right. How evil.

JP likes this.
  10. Waxed Canvas

Waxed Canvas Elite Refuge Member

Make a conscious effort to do without if you cannot find products NOT made in China. If you do that, it will send a message to Wall of China Mart and others.

JP likes this.