California Flyway Forum Sponsors

Is your power off?

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by callinfowl, Oct 9, 2019 at 7:32 AM.

1. callinfowl

callinfowl MEGA. Moderator

So far so good here, but they are saying it will most likely go out around noon today.
    Thank god it's not 100+ degrees outside.
    This whole shutdown is a damn joke, how did we ever make it all these years without crap like this?

yellowlabhunter likes this.
  2. yellowlabhunter

yellowlabhunter Senior Refuge Member

This is complete BS! They will have more medical emergencies due to this shutdown our public safety will be heavily burdened by this than the potential of leaving the power up. It's been more windy than this and tomorrow a number of days this past summer alone in Vacaville alone!

3. ducslayer

ducslayer Elite Refuge Member

If a person can not work its going to be hard to pay their PG&E bill! Medical law suits alone is going to cost PG&E millions! What a stupid idea!

4. callinfowl

Hell, spoiled food reimbursements are gonna be insane.......I personally have a freezer full of prime ribs and fillets.;)

5. hunt'ngreen

hunt'ngreen Elite Refuge Member

Ours was turned off sometime before 2:00 am., also feel sorry to for a handful of store/gas stations and a restaurant who survived the fire on the ridge, to have to put up with this crap... PG&E is making it damn tough for the few ridge residents to reside up here, and to rebuild. Buddy owns a injection mold building company, I can't fathom the size of the generator he's going to have to get.

freefall, callinfowl and Dan Mallia like this.
  6. mark seaters

mark seaters Elite Refuge Member

all good here in the slums of Stockton... the looters were on stand by and I bet the chief of police did not get much sleep last night!!

7. afmoto

afmoto Senior Refuge Member

Better start eating all that stuff asap 'cause you're not getting a nickel from PG&E! In non-emergency situations you can get $25 per day after the first 24 hours of power outage, but when it's considered an "emergency situation" due to high winds, you ain't gettin' squat!

https://www.pge.com/en_US/residenti...ompensation/faq/outage-compensation-faqs.page

freefall and mudhen like this.
  8. callinfowl

How is this all of a sudden an emergency when we had way more dry days with higher winds all summer long is what I'd like to know? PG&E is cutting their own throat.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019 at 9:51 AM
  9. yellowlabhunter

yellowlabhunter Senior Refuge Member

If "they" had a throat to cut....

callinfowl likes this.
  10. Dek

Dek Elite Refuge Member

I look at it completely differently. I see it a s PGE saying-So you think it is our fault Paradise burned down and every other fire that starts from a spark? Hold my beer and watch us turn the power off, sucka's. I lived in Paradise, and the tragedy is beyond imagination. Unless they were completely negligent, I've never seen how PGE can held liable for every fire that has sparked from their lines. Anyone willing to pay to put all their lines underground? Maybe Newsom could divert some gas tax money that way.....