Is your wife an expert?

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely.....go with it. :yes:l

The resulting hilarity is worth every "I told you so" that you want to say....just do it their way, and smile and wave. :yes

waterswatter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Fwiw. They say Roundup is rain-fast in an hour (I allow more time) and some of the pre-emergent herbicides incorporate better with a rain after.

Northhunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
The ex sure was. We were out on the water one day. It was nearing noon and the morning bite was long gone. We were basically wasting bait. She proceeded to in inform me that a storm was coming (it was not) based on the clouds in the sky, and that we should stay out for the bite to pick up. I was up @ 5 to make coffee and get the boat ready. Now the sun is blaring and I'm hot, hungry and tired. I told her she wasn't a meteorologist.. and that was apparently the wrong thing to say :l
I had been fishing those waters since I was 4... and apparently knew nothing about them!

Last edited:

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ex sure was. We were out on the water one day. It was nearing noon and the morning bite was long gone. We were basically wasting bait. She proceeded to in inform me that a storm was coming (it was not) based on the clouds in the sky, and that we should stay out for the bite to pick up. I was up @ 5 to make coffee and get the boat ready. Now the sun is blaring and I'm hot, hungry and tired. I told he she wasn't a meteorologist.. and that was apparently the wrong thing to say :l
I had been fishing those waters since I was 4... and apparently knew nothing about them!

Relish your ignorance....she will not fish with such a dumbarse again. You are free. Now is the time to buy her a horse.:yes:l

I don't know how I know this, or even learned it.....but it is pure golden knowledge. :yes

• Haha
Reactions: tcc

API

PAF-CA Flyway
Reaction score
1652497104565.png

GUNNERX2

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I can't tell you how many times she's told me how to change the oil in the tractor, how to light up the burn pile, how to wash the car/truck, how to mow the yard, it just never ends. I love my wife.

salthunter

Reaction score
My wife, bless her dear sweet soul, is an authority on all things concerning the every day happenings in life. If it weren't so frustrating, it would be comical. She is the exact replica of her mother, I shoulda knowd.
Thats' kinda the way I fall too. Yep shoulda :dv
Her mom passed in October. My wife had made the comment how she wasnt going to be like her mother ( over all I scored well on the MIL ) and I should tell my wife when ever she was being like he mom,,,,,
It only took me twice,,,,, to even think:oops: she really wanted to know

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Relish your ignorance....she will not fish with such a dumbarse again. You are free. Now is the time to buy her a horse.:yes:l

I don't know how I know this, or even learned it.....but it is pure golden knowledge. :yes

For 24 years I have searched for a hobby my wife would enjoy while I was away. Still hasn’t happened. Her father had a mean as hell horse when she was growing up, and he made her take care of it. After a childhood of being bitten and having her foot stomped, she has less than zero interest in horses.

Now that I think about it, that horse sounds a lot like her dad.

Northhunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
We got hit by a drunk once. Kid joy-riding in his brand new car.
He got charged with impaired and fleeing the scene of an accident. Multiple witnesses. Mommy and daddy "lawyer'd up". We both took the stand at trial.

We met with the Crown Attorney beforehand. I dunno if he said it to all women, or just got a sense for the type of person she was (because he didn't say it to me).. but he went "And don't argue with me on stand. It will not be beneficial to either one of us, and you won't win."
She argued with both him and the defense! :doh

I ruined Christmas one year. Her present was a pair of Leafs-Habs tickets to a game in Montreal on Valentine's Day (neither of us had ever been...). She got upset because "half the present was for yourself" :fp

I was crazy enough to buy that woman a shotgun. I made damn sure to take it with me when I left the house!

Clayton

Reaction score
Yes my wife is an expert at packing a car for a trip and loading/unloading groceries.