Is your wife an expert?

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope, she doesn’t and hasn’t. I know it‘s unusual for a husband to actually admit liking his wife … a lot. :)

I like mine....a lot....but that doesn't mean she isn't full of chit. :l:l

Sam Ortmann

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Nope, she doesn’t and hasn’t. I know it‘s unusual for a husband to actually admit liking his wife … a lot. :)
I forget the comedian to give credit to, but the quote goes, “Generally, the more man loves a woman, the less he likes her.”

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Mine actually is expert at hospital maintenance.
A big complex changes over the years with each remodel and there are hidden secrets. They keep her around because she's been involved and knows the guts of the buildings and all the strange surgeries that have been don't to make it all work. They have some bizarre crises like for instance a patient couldn't get hot water to shower..administration selected my wife for damage control and she dealt with a very angry guy and explained what had happened.
It was very complicated but she somehow managed to get the guy to smile.
They call her "Maintenance Mary".
We can't go anywhere without people saying hi.
My wife is classy and very nice but I'm a salty old codger.

Don Smith

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I forget the comedian to give credit to, but the quote goes, “Generally, the more man loves a woman, the less he likes her.”
And there's the comedian Henny Youngman's line - "Take my wife --- please".

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I feel sorry for you guys that can't manage an expert female they're tough to take. They solve problems and spawn 3 more problems with their solutions sometimes. Need an example?

Mudtoes

Senior Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got to admit I’ve got a good one also. Doesn’t bug me about hunting, from the opener of dove to the end of waterfowl she only asks that I’m home for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Been married 48 years, too old to train another one now.

IV Hunt

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
My wife is definitely the authority on her garden.

The yard in our new home had been somewhat neglected (widower). The biggest issue was some major low spots and drainage issues.
We brought in 2 loads (28 yds) of topsoil and re-leveled most of our parcel. At the same time we did our spring tree trimming and added borders around the trees to protect the roots.

EVERY weekend she asks me to go to the local HW and pick up 6 bags of mulch (not only the trees, but all the flower beds surrounding the house and shed).
Her: "I didn't have enough to finish (said) bed. Please pick up 6 more bags."
Me: Why don't I just order a pallet?"
Her: " Just get me 6 bags, That's all I need. I don't want to do it all at once"

Last week she laughed when I reminded her last week that I could have bought TWO pallets already, and I would still be picking up 6 bags a week! :l

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I can skip Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and still be married. I got extremely lucky it was pretty uhhh random. ;)
She picked me and ...lol

Mudtoes

Senior Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Aunt Betty has been divorced more than anyone if you count the divorces he has gone through on the Fuge.

salthunter

Reaction score
My wife is an expert at being the best wife anyone could dream of and is absolutely the best thing that ever happened to me. She’s off-the-charts smart … but … she isn’t a know-it-all even though she probably does know-it-all. She’s gorgeous and could have had anyone she wanted but she picked me (color me the luckiest man alive). To top it off, she’s an incredibly patient and loving person. I can’t say enough positive about her. Her only semi-negative … she isn’t crazy about my waterfowl hunting … but … she doesn’t give me a hard time about it and in return I don’t give her a hard time about her driving.
My wife was in that same category:amen Life is good.

Butt,,, when she retired right before Covid she started thinking she knew more,,, Yet she also started ( not admitting by any means ) how right Ive always been On anything I dare let her know there were alternatives to her brilliance