Isn't this a beautiful day...

2WIDGN

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I hear guys say it all summer long. I'm thinking to myself....nope, I'm wishing the high temperature was about 15 degrees, lakes had at least 6 inches of ice on them, and I didn't have a coat on because I just spent 15 minutes setting up a sleeper spread! The dog is covered in ice and if he could smile, we'd both be grinning ear to ear!
Ok, I'm ready for January to get here!

mpkowal

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I hear guys say it all summer long. I'm thinking to myself....nope, I'm wishing the high temperature was about 15 degrees, lakes had at least 6 inches of ice on them, and I didn't have a coat on because I just spent 15 minutes setting up a sleeper spread! The dog is covered in ice and if he could smile, we'd both be grinning ear to ear!
Ok, I'm ready for January to get here!
January my arse October will do just fine. We had 2 days below 0 last October.

Missy Skeeter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Winter in Montana is pretty nice.
FlatheadRiver.JPG

salthunter

Reaction score
The cold bothers me more than it use too.
The heat can be worse.
Get up early, stay out of the sun. Get into AC when too hot.

I can wait for January.
I have deer bear an elk to chase before November ducks and geese!

sharkman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
It's been brutal hot here in NE Indiana, I'm ready for a cool down but winters here are getting brutal too, last winter my spot on the river froze for the first time in 24 years in the section I hunt which is downstream from the dam (depends on how much water is being released too) absolutely no global warming here october thru march, getting colder winters now.