It’s been a good turkey season

Guzman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
This spring has been a great year. It started up north filming hunts for friends in Idaho and then guide Dale Williams. I got a few hunts on video and had fun.

I got my chance to hunt and on my first day in Washington I was able to call in 3 Tom’s on three different setups and tag out in Washington. A feat I will probably never match.

I filled both my Idaho tags.

The highlight of the year was going to Montana though. I had never hunted there and had no help with spots. I was able to tag two Tom’s in Montana. Both of them on video. This was the first one which I was supper pumped about.

camano gibby

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Well done Ben.
The great audio really puts the viewer right in the middle of the action.
Were there many ticks to deal with in Montana?
Your right.........it's going to be tough to top this season.

Last edited:

Guzman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Well done Ben.
The great audio really puts the viewer right in the middle of the action.
Were there many ticks to deal with in Montana?
Your right.........it's going to be tough to top this season.

In terms of ticks- I don’t know what the deal is but I don’t treat my gear. I wear all sitka. Josh who I hunt with gets 1-2 ticks every day on him. I have never got a tick hunting with him. The count is about 15-0 on ticks. Not sure if they have a harder time clinging to me or what.

So I really never get ticks. I hunted spokane area, panhandle of Idaho and western Montana. Probably 15-20 days in the field and never had one tick on me.

We saw an enormous amount of deer and elk in Montana. It is crazy. North Idaho we will run into moose every 3-4 days. Elk occasionally and some deer. Montana they were literally everywhere. Like legit nervous to drive and hit one. Saw a few people limping down road in car after hitting one. Talked to locals and they said it is bad and they never drive at night.

camano gibby

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
You must give off a natural tick repellent vibe. I am a tick magnet, and I check for the SOB's about every hour or so when still hunting for turkeys. I started using pemethrin spray on my clothes and it does seem pretty effective against ticks.

Honkerclan08

Washington forum
Reaction score
Sawyers tick spray. Haven’t had a tick on me in 6 years.

Honkerclan08

Washington forum
Reaction score
In terms of ticks- I don’t know what the deal is but I don’t treat my gear. I wear all sitka. Josh who I hunt with gets 1-2 ticks every day on him. I have never got a tick hunting with him. The count is about 15-0 on ticks. Not sure if they have a harder time clinging to me or what.

So I really never get ticks. I hunted spokane area, panhandle of Idaho and western Montana. Probably 15-20 days in the field and never had one tick on me.

We saw an enormous amount of deer and elk in Montana. It is crazy. North Idaho we will run into moose every 3-4 days. Elk occasionally and some deer. Montana they were literally everywhere. Like legit nervous to drive and hit one. Saw a few people limping down road in car after hitting one. Talked to locals and they said it is bad and they never drive at night.
It’s amazing the amount of game in other states compared to here. I’m always nervous driving at night in Idaho and Montana.