It's quiet, too quiet

Discussion in 'Iowa Flyway Forum' started by qac, Mar 26, 2012.

1. qac

qac Refuge Member

Sure would like to see a little more action from the Iowa guys about Iowa and our oppertunities, limited as they may be. How bout some posts and pics?? Lets have a little fun.

We got out this past weekend and found a few snow geese still hanging around in eastern Iowa. Was fun to be able to drive right out and deploy our set and see a few, even had these two bomb right in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone else do well in Iowa with the Snows? Pics? story?

Did see two Tom Turkeys all strutted up on the ride homel. Morels should be showing up soon also if not already in some places.

Good hunting & thanks for looking.

Qac

2. feathhd

feathhd Elite Refuge Member

Nice pics brothe qac. Shot about 197 in a month, just picked up the spread this past saturday and just as a got out of the truck looked up and had about 30 to 40 locked up coming down into the spread. It would have been easy if I had a gun and was ready to give it one last shot. However I have had my fill and just wanted to pick up decoys.

Which took 3 men 4.5hrs to do. SOB I hate spring snow geese!

Now its time to battle out this season structure BS and then get back to working the ground and food plots for my son, deer. May run the D-8 about 4 times in the middle a take out about a foot of sediment from dry duck hole. Did my core samples from about 7 spots and is good to go.

Now if I cant hold water I am going to sue the CORP / ACE for running me dry.