It's so Hot,

Humpback A5

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Looks like we've got some hot / hotter weather in store for the next several days and no rain in sight......summer just barely got started and I'm ready for fall.

4w.jpg

Fogie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
man..it’s already been over 110* here, but last Monday it was 105* and trying to sprinkle, partly cloudy. I forgot to Gold Bond and nearly died. I don’t know how you guys in truly humid places do it when it breaks 100*

Il. MudDuk

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not as tough as I once was. Son of a bee-otch this ain't fun....
20220705_141747.jpg

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
man..it’s already been over 110* here, but last Monday it was 105* and trying to sprinkle, partly cloudy. I forgot to Gold Bond and nearly died. I don’t know how you guys in truly humid places do it when it breaks 100*
We all acclimate to the temps in which we spend our time. Main thing is to spend enough time in it to do so. Most folks don’t.

mrmallerd

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

Il. MudDuk

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ain't you spose to be workin
I allowed myself to switch my shift to 6am - 2pm today to bypass a bit of the heat.
Luckily, it was a cool 99 degrees when we started around 5:40 this morning.

mrmallerd

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I allowed myself to switch my shift to 6am - 2pm today to bypass a bit of the heat.
Luckily, it was a cool 99 degrees when we started around 5:40 this morning.

Considering how dead Il Forum is, I have to catch you posting elsewhere to give ya some sheet. I was pretty sure, the state truck didn't have Sirus. :z

Il. MudDuk

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering how dead Il Forum is, I have to catch you posting elsewhere to give ya some sheet. I was pretty sure, the state truck didn't have Sirus. :z
We have 3 trucks.
One is a 2 year old Ford 1 ton. It's a tank, but nice.
The other Ford has spotty air conditioning and can't be driven over 55 or so mph safely. Interior is shot. We're told we may not get it back after its next annual inspection.
The third truck is a Dodge and can absolutely not be driven outside my compounds or if so, not over 40mph or it veers left, then right, then right some more, then....the air conditioning doesn't work but if you count the hole in the passenger side floor board, outside air does enter the cab.

So, no. No trucks owned by Uncle Prikster have Serious XM radio. It honestly took over 4 1/2 years to get new phones installed at my place of employment. How long til I get a new truck, Lord only knows.