JEB High Voltage Pattern results

gglenn13

Refuge Member
Reaction score
Couldn't find anyone on forums with experience with these chokes, so went ahead and got one to try out this last duck season, and was pretty impressed with it. Decided to pattern my gun today. Here are my results

Browning A5 with JEBs High Voltage .695
Shells are Fiocchi Speed Steel 3.5" 1 3/8oz 2 shot
and Kent Silversteel 3.5" 1 1/2oz 2 shot

Shots were at a laser verified 40 yards, into a 20" circle.

Fiocchi: patterned 129
Kent: patterned 123

Mrs.10GAGENUT

Elite Refuge Member
Sponsor
Reaction score
Fiocchi was 76 % and Kent was 68%, it's good however I tend to think it may be a tad over choked, Did you try those loads in a bit more open choke??

gglenn13

Refuge Member
Reaction score
Currently just have factory mod and IC for this gun other than the JEBs. They both are cripplers (spotty, open patterns) so I don't have another good choke to try yet that is more open.

The circle was 20" so it seems that I'm getting beyond X-full performance. Would likely be 100% patterns in 30" circle

Patterned some Federal 3.5" 1 1/2oz 2 shot as well. Was getting 85 hits with good looking overall pattern, just not nearly as dense as the other two. The Kent and fiocchi both have thin wads, and the federal is very thick in comparison. Might have been the reason for the difference

Mrs.10GAGENUT

Elite Refuge Member
Sponsor
Reaction score
Oh Ok my mistake I didn't realize that was your total in the 20" circle thought that was the total from 30" inches. Your more than good with that, as for the wad differences Federal does use a much stiffer wad, the Fiocchi and Kent use the B&P type wad which as you stated are much thinner. May have to look into the JEBS have heard of them but never heard much about them.

gglenn13

Refuge Member
Reaction score
They are a good choke. Only downside is that at 20 yards your entire pattern is only about 12-15 inches. I've shot at teal and ringnecks that decoyed in irritatingly close and seen the dinner plate sized patterns that hit the water. The ones I've hit at closer ranges looked like a busted feather pillow.

In this test I also decided to add a 3 1/2" Remington Hypersonic 2 shot I had gotten from a friend last season. I only shot two into the board because recoil was so severe I didn't care to continue shooting them. They patterned 65, and the second shot was slightly lower count. Some of the shot was in the high corner of the board, so I likely flinched during the shot due to the excessive recoil. Pellet dispersal was good, just not real dense.

Interesting observation was that the wad was completely chewed up. Two of the petals were actually missing and the rest of the wad looked like it had gone through a food processor. The Kent wad was also pretty ugly, but not missing any parts

Mrs.10GAGENUT

Elite Refuge Member
Sponsor
Reaction score
Looking at their website these seem to be wad stripper type tubes which is why the wads looked like confetti
From JEBS website
in several different way Jebs interior bore design is very different from existing choke tubes on the market. Our patented design has 2 restrictions and 2 stabilizing parallels evenly distributed down the length of the tube. What this does is, it allows use to put drag on the wad cup in the first restriction, then the shot are able to start out of the wad cup freely because the next step is just for stabilization. The third step is another restriction which form the shot into a column and increases the amount of drag on the wad cup even more. The last step in the choke is another stabilizer which steadies the shot in the tube as they exit the end of the choke itself.This allows us to release the shot out of the choke before the wad cup which helps.

gglenn13

Refuge Member
Reaction score
There aren't any studs within the tube, so I think any of the wad retarding comes from more of a ring-like design.

Kind of like the "TST" feature on the Carlson Cremator tubes.

Alldrakes

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Any one else shot these in the last few years ?

ALMODUX

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a 675 I intended to play with in my A5 DS 3” gun. Haven’t had time yet. Need to pattern in and the Rob Robert’s T2&3 I have. Figured on the 675 being more of use with BOSS bismuth loads

Latest posts