Jeffrey Epstein

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by mrmallerd, Jul 9, 2019.

1. KENNEDY63

KENNEDY63 Elite Refuge Member

I hear ya - and it's a damn shame.

pintail2222 likes this.
  2. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator

For a good time, call 1-800-EPSTEIN. :cool:

3. Ducker 4 Ever

Ducker 4 Ever Elite Refuge Member

My point is clear. Republicans (in general) think the evidence against Clinton is overwhelming and he is guilty. Democrats (in general) and the media think the evidence and statements against Trump are overwhelming and he is guilty. Vice versa on the innocence from both sides.

The rest of us understand due process and won't jump to any conclusions on either.

pointblind and Lip Shooter like this.
  4. Bigshot75

Bigshot75 Senior Refuge Member

I’m not sure Clinton has had any coverage besides “I did not have sex with underaged girls” one time?

5. Bigshot75

Bigshot75 Senior Refuge Member

I take that to mean more than once but who am I?

6. KENNEDY63

KENNEDY63 Elite Refuge Member

Actually, to a dummy like me, your point wasn't clear. I guess we need to dumb it down a bit. If you are going to hold yourself out as some sort of even handed moral arbiter, here are some examples of how I would have said that:

"We presently don't know all of the facts and relevant information relative to how Acosta handled this Epstein issue, and the information that we do have is largely being fed to us by a highly partisan press more interested in playing "gotcha" with Trump than in accurately reporting the full story. In the interest of due process, we should let this Acosta thing play out a bit more, and demand that organizations that receive the benefits of First Amendment protections provide the full story in a responsible manner."

Or maybe this:

"While Clinton and Trump both have a somewhat storied history with members of the female persuasion, from all of the facts available, it appears that Clinton had a much deeper (and more private) relationship with Epstein than Trump. That being said, they both should receive due process before being convicted in the court of public opinion. My hope is that, in the interests of this Country, our partisan main stream media press corp (which is largely an anti-Trump echo chamber, and which hides behind the First Amendment to justify their politically motivated reporting), can provide the public with enough even handed information to reach a rational conclusion on either or both of these men relative to their relationship(s) with Epstein."

Just some thoughts........

7. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

If America was just “Republicans” and “Democrats” - I see your point.

But let’s be honest - the majority of Americans are not political junkies and simply get their news/information from watching and clicking on the MSM. They view the MSM - watch their “guilt by association” reporting and then become part of the court of public opinion. Due process be damned.

The MSM decides who and what’s on the docket.

KENNEDY63 and OneShotBandit like this.
  8. Ducker 4 Ever

If that was the case as you describe it, this country would be 80% left leaning. Maybe you need to re-examine your thoughts on John Q Public.

9. Ducker 4 Ever

Ok

10. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

From what I find - in 2016 American voters
    34% considered themselves Independent
    33% considered themselves Democrat
    29% considered themselves Republican
    4% considered themselves other party affiliation.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019