Jim Bridger Days, Bridger MT

HaydenHunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Had a great time last weekend in Montana. Went to visit my daughter and her hubby for her baby shower. They live in Fromberg. Fromberg looks surprisingly good for a town that was half underwater a few weeks ago. Fortunately, my daughter and her husband live on the elevated end of town and were spared the rising waters. Last weekend also happened to be Jim Bridger days in nearby Bridger. While we missed the parade on Saturday we caught the demolition derby and then attended the barn dance on Sunday. The derby was good this year with a lot of entrants. Good live music at the barn dance. The girls all went home after the derby but I stayed out with the young bucks and we pretty much closed down the barn dance.

It was very good to leave the boomtown I live in (Coeur d'Alene area) and immerse myself in small town America. It is still alive and well.

That is all.

cprodave

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
It doesn't get much better than a Demolition Derby and a barn dance. Glad to hear that sort of entertainment still exists in Small Town America...I miss those things that I did while growing up... especially the Demo Derbies where the winner was often the best driver in Reverse Gear..