California Flyway Forum Sponsors

Johnson & Johnson

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Plumgold1, Apr 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MQ

MQ Elite Refuge Member

Sad to hear that. That sucks.
    Wonder which vaccine was involved.

2. father goose

father goose Senior Refuge Member

The hard part is the effects of Covid is all over the place.Seems like the vast majority of deaths are elderly people with preexisting conditions. Most of the deaths I’ve been closed to were older people, with that I have one friend that’s 50 and a gym rat almost died. Then again my in-laws got it mid 80s and over weight they said it was like a bad cold. Mother in law had just had heart surgery to boot.
    Even my doctor talked out of both sides of his mouth wither to get the shot or not.
    Do what brings you peace of mind.

3. Berdnird

Berdnird Senior Refuge Member

I refuse to follow any thread regarding COVID vaccines and government conspiracies until HONKSWORKN chimes in.

4. yellowlabhunter

yellowlabhunter Elite Refuge Member

Sad news indeed.

5. Ajnorcal

Ajnorcal Senior Refuge Member

Plum glad you’re alive and I hope you can continue on your way to feeling better.

I had the Pfizer shot right after xmas. And second one in mid January. Sore arm for me and a little funky feeling one day. Grateful to be doing well.

To me a lot of this feels like a big game of “not gonna get me”. Some guys think their not gonna get covid or not have serious effects and do.
    Some guys think that the vaccine is not gonna cause them any harm. It sucks to be got in either situation.

to me it all came down to the math. My odds of death from covid infection was mathematically 1 in 10,000 for a young healthy male living in the us. So far adverse affects from the vaccine have happened but haven’t killed anyone out of millions of doses. I like my odds better on one choice so I took it.

6. JuvieCoot

JuvieCoot Elite Refuge Member

I’ll find out. It was one of the double dose experimental gene therapies. Not the J and J

yellowlabhunter likes this.
  7. JuvieCoot

JuvieCoot Elite Refuge Member

Lmao

@HONKSRWORKN

HONKSRWORKN likes this.
  8. EL GURU

EL GURU Elite Refuge Member

Yeah I know of two separate cases with similar results.

One man in his late 70s. Had the j&j, later that evening he has a stroke. Luckily his wife caught him right away and he survives.

One elderly lady in her 80s. Massive heart attack the day after her second shot and died.

Thanks but I’ll pass.

9. mark seaters

mark seaters Elite Refuge Member

I have doubled my intake of natty light...seems to be working !!!

10. Dek

Dek Elite Refuge Member

Interesting how we all can be swayed by potentially anecdotal evidence. A look at some death rate stats from a few pre covid years and there was a death rate of roughly 725 per 100K people. I just checked and apparently there have been 179 million Americans that have had at least 1 shot. If my math is correct, statistically around 1.3 million people of a sample range of 179 million will die in a given year, with or without a shot.

bang you'r dead likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.