California Flyway Forum Sponsors

Jones'ing for Pliny

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by morduks, Feb 15, 2012.

1. morduks

morduks Elite Refuge Member

Englander blew out their keg on Sunday. "The horror, the horror." Withdrawl pains have set in. I will trade information on a keg to be tapped on the 19th for anything being poured RIGHT NOW!

[​IMG] X 10

2. BenelliArt

BenelliArt Elite Refuge Member

Used to go there alot,,the owner Jot used to buy me rounds all the time.:tu

3. mak2782

mak2782 Elite Refuge Member

Remind me not to go during younger release next year. RR was a mess, 4 hour line. I like me some Pliny as much as the next guy but I aint waiting any 4 hours. Plus I tend to prefer the elder and being able to get in and have some of their wonderful pizza.

Anyhow, lesson learned, Ill go back but not in February next year.

4. Tree Doc

Tree Doc Elite Refuge Member

Though I've never had it, I'm not terribly pleased with Pliny the Younger. As mak just mentioned, the line around the block screwed me out of a couple Growlers of the Elder when my buddy went in to buy 5 or 6 Growlers and wasn't about to wait for them. :mad:

So, now I'm configuring a transport receptacle on my FJR 'cuz I'm gonna ride up there one morning and score as many Growlers as I can fit, then blast back home. 600 mile round trip is chump change. :tu

5. morduks

morduks Elite Refuge Member

4 hours is just outrageous. I'm not good in lines either. I might wait 1 hour for a special occasion but not more. RR has to get better organized, I would think to accommodate their regulars that they would have a growler only window. Kind of dine and dash thing. As for this years PTY. It tastes slightly less alcoholic to me. I drank a glass of younger and a glass of elder at the same time at the Bistro last week and they were surprisingling similar. More citrusy zap in younger. Probably to couteract the higher alcohol.

Tom B.

6. Let Em Work

Let Em Work Elite Refuge Member

I'm pouring some of this now. Never tried it before until tonight and can honestly say, it's not too bad.

This stuff is 7% ABF:tu

[​IMG]

LetEmWork

7. mark seaters

mark seaters Elite Refuge Member

So ya got to go hide in the laundry room to drink your beer.. You can turn in your man card now..:l:l

8. mark seaters

mark seaters Elite Refuge Member

So let me get this right.. you guys waited 4 hours for a beer...:doh:doh

Sure glad I perfer that 7//11 on the corner and a 12 back of bud lite..:l

9. mak2782

mak2782 Elite Refuge Member

Hell no................. saw the line, asked what it was for and left in disbelief that people would wait that long for a beer. It was remniscent of the crazies that wait in line for days to watch the Harry Potter wizard werewolf apocalypse movies.

Wife and I went to Lagunitas instead and had a great time, their SF Fusion beer was outstanding. Nachos also good.

Russian Rivers pizza is amazing though. Will go back, just not in February again.

10. LHudson

LHudson New Member

You can get growlers of Elder filled at the back door...no lines. You can't get any Younger though.