Kolar rib

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by OneShotBandit, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Gander

Gander Elite Refuge Member

I haven't shot the Kcup yet. Shot super sporting Tuesday and put up a 94. Shot main red yesterday and put up 69/75. I shoot 5 stand and Orange today.

Here are a few pictures from yesterday. My squad is comprised of the owner of Kolar, his son and the CFO. Weather has been stellar.

Attached Files:

JFG likes this.
  2. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

Well it looks like you're a well accomplished shooter and I congratulate you for that ! Kolars are a fine piece of equipment , they just didn't workout for
    my Son as , Krieghoff is what he started with in a standard K80 so now he shoots a Crown grade . I've been around long enough with a 522 NSCA number ,
    which is a couple thousand older than yours , to appreciate the evolution of sporting clays and watch the natural abilities of young fellas materialize with
    good coaching as it has progressed ! Home area shooters who have made it to the top , Zachary , Homer and Tommy Johns are also well deserving of
    their accomplishments....and on any given day , do , like yourself , are king of the hill . We do get to shoot with Rick and Derrick once or twice a year ,
    as we shoot more ZZ birds and flyers . Thanks for sharing your expertise on the forum , I'm sure all across the nation shooters of birds and clays who
    read these post , enjoy positive comments that (maybe enlightn) their skill of shooting !

3. Gander

Was this an older Kolar that he tried?

I know Zach, Derrick and his father very well.

The techniques and methods developed by the sporting clays world are all very transferable to wingshooters.

4. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

You will tear the K Cup up. Nothing over the top at all. It was probably the worst I felt about an 89 ever lol. I shot with David and for our first half I was down 3(on one station) and he was down 2, then I caught the onesies. I shot like crap all week though.

Tear up the rest of the Main, good luck!

5. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

Yeah those are some Great Guys a lot of fun to be around and a joy to watch (in person) shooting . Zach is from Salinas , Ca so he came up shooting
    in our area , always a good competitor here in the Central Valley . Most here that are long in the tooth are fair to good wingshooters as we have lived
    in and around farmland where wingshooting "was" abundant.....not so much these days . It's even harder for us to keep any of the clay target sports
    going with all the Tree Hugger Laws in this state , BUT , We're trying ! Keep Shooting Straight

6. Gander

Finished the KCup with a 98 today. Missed the rabbue on station 12 and that tricky belly bird on station 1. Not sure if i will end up being in a shootoff Sunday or not. Guess we'll see. Not been doing well in the main. I'll finish on yellow tomorrow morning then side by side in the afternoon.

7. Fasteel72

Fasteel72 Senior Refuge Member

Good job, And good luck the rest of the way.

8. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

I ran 12, but missed 1 of those belly birds on 1 too. That’s where my case of the onesies started.

Good shooting either way man. See you down this way in Dec. If you are coming for FL State and the regional come shoot my course in between.

9. Gander

They sorted me down to M4 in the KCUP.

I plan to make the FL state as well as the Regional at South Florida. Will be driving back and forth between both shoots so I won't have much time otherwise.

And it looks like I'm heading back to Racine to put a new Kolar together. New custom wood and new barrels. Will be trying out a new barrel configuration they are working on for me (not the flat rib). Should have it after the Florida shoots.