KS seeks info from waterfowl Hunters

Discussion in 'Kansas Flyway Forum' started by Kansasoutdoorsman, Jul 27, 2019.

1. MrMallard88

MrMallard88 Senior Refuge Member

I know this is shocking to you, but there are freelance hunters (non guides) willing and capable of finding/shooting birds outside the confines of public areas...

2. golden boy

golden boy Elite Refuge Member

Yeah you are right, let’s open everything October 1st across the state so we are done in mid December so guides cant kill anything.

3. ED Vanderbeck

ED Vanderbeck Elite Refuge Member

Golden boy i agree open sept 1 we are done before the ducks get here but it will stop guides from killing ducks hope ya come to pittsburg tuesday evening see the show

dux/24 7 and SEK HUNTER like this.
  4. golden boy

golden boy Elite Refuge Member

Ya'll put these guides on some Almighty Duck God pedal stool. Most of them suck, the only thing they do better than Joe Shmo hen killer is they put a ton of windshield time in and apparently they do not need sleep to survive.

5. nick b

nick b Senior Refuge Member

Right? It's not exactly rocket science to follow birds to/from roosts, loafs and feeds and knock on doors. Just takes time and a couple hundred bucks probably makes it even easier.

Neck Collar likes this.
  6. gadwall52

gadwall52 Elite Refuge Member

Put the three major rivers in the southeast late zone.

7. Billboard Man

Billboard Man Senior Refuge Member

I forgot to add the shortcomings of US Fish and Wildlife Service. Paper ducks is what USFWS has produced since AHM, Adaptive Harvest Management. Nothing changes in the Central Flyway after three years of dry conditions in southern Alberta and Saskatchewan---I know a number of people on this site who have plenty of bands from this area including myself. As for enforcement, there are three unfilled special agent positions in Kansas. So the feds and state catering to " the industry"---let the "industry" stock shelves at Dollar General instead of decoys in trailers. The Chinese made decoys are getting more expensive, so the "industry" will be making less money, if that is even possible.

As for average hunters changing tactics because of frozen marshes: getting permission private water---no chance, buying a big boat or trailer full of decoys---slight chance, being part of the 10 guns in a field hunt---fair chance, and out of that group someone will become a guide!

8. marshmob

marshmob Elite Refuge Member

Never understood these massive groups of guns aka “millennial black hoodie sitka gear hunting”. The most we ever have is 4 including myself snd that’s for snows.

Ramblingman and gold10 like this.
  9. dux/24 7

dux/24 7 Elite Refuge Member

2 or 3 of us will be at pitt meeting on tues

ED Vanderbeck likes this.
  10. SEK HUNTER

SEK HUNTER New Member

I plan on being in Pittsburgh for the meeting as well.

ED Vanderbeck likes this.