KS seeks info from waterfowl Hunters

Discussion in 'Kansas Flyway Forum' started by Kansasoutdoorsman, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Ramblingman

Ramblingman Senior Refuge Member

Most of us would be fine with
    I know of 1 of the 3.....double banded hen. That leaves 1, who is claiming ito_O

2. wtrfwlr43

wtrfwlr43 Elite Refuge Member

You want 8 Canadas a day. OK. I would not be surprised that 8 would bring a big influx of Guides and more pressure. Even some guides from out of state. The numbers of season days are regulated by the feds. So I don't see decreasing our Canada limit and getting more days to hunt.
    Didn't the State do away with the Local Canada Season because it reduced the number of Regular season days?

3. wtrfwlr43

wtrfwlr43 Elite Refuge Member

So at the 13th Meeting did they not talk about Re-districting?

4. SEK HUNTER

SEK HUNTER New Member

It was asked if the biologists were going to make a recommendation different than what was currently in place. However, I never heard a definitive answer to the question. Myself, I believe they didn't want to debate the issue. There were some individuals on this forum who were there as well. What are your thoughts?

5. ED Vanderbeck

ED Vanderbeck Elite Refuge Member

I ask they said ultimately the commission will make that decision from what Tom said i tried to get more out of him did not say a whole lot. So everyone needs to contact all commissioners let them know about SE zone and what they want. This was told to me by a commissioner get involved or dont bitch at the crazy results that 1 commissioner wants and will get if unchallenged

wtrfwlr43 likes this.
  6. golden boy

golden boy Elite Refuge Member

Well that crazy commissioner lauber last night was back at his game. Turkey biologist has recommended to go to 1 spring bird and suspend fall turkey season. Lauber told him to lower his standards!!!!!! He so needs to go.

Ramblingman and ED Vanderbeck like this.
  7. dux/24 7

dux/24 7 Elite Refuge Member

I already said what i took from it....they pass the info and data on to commission and they do what they see fit in the final say....hopefully they dont get stupid.

8. dux/24 7

dux/24 7 Elite Refuge Member

Too bad hes not going no where soon

9. ED Vanderbeck

This is his 3 rd term no one else gets 3 he was appointed after previous guy quit so he finished that term and now doing his 2 terms BS in my opinion

10. ED Vanderbeck

Golden boy you are right he needs to be gone from the commissioner position ASAP it seems it is all about him not what is best for the resource or state

golden boy likes this.