Kuna/Nampa area

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by ARHHH4, Oct 14, 2020.

1. ARHHH4

ARHHH4 Elite Refuge Member

Last night I drove my sister in law and brother in law to the St. Louis airport so that they could fly to Boise this morning for his job. Gonna be there for two years at least. They may stay out there for good. Was wondering what the fowling is like out there and if it would be worth my time to try hunting the area if we were to visit for a few days? Not looking for any spots. Just curious if we’d be better off just visiting the whole time. Thanks in advance men.

2. mister gadwall

mister gadwall Senior Refuge Member

whether you get good insights of the hunting from here on the board or not, i think if you hit the right front and get the right conditions on the migration you will see unparalleled U S waterfowl hunting in that area. Finding the X and getting the right conditiones is as variable a game as anywhere else in the country.

ZDOG and ARHHH4 like this.
  3. ARHHH4

Thank you sir. I’ve lived in Illinois for most of my life and haven’t hunted anywhere else but here. Gives me some food for thought.

4. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

I am from the other side of Idaho but yes, there is decent waterfowling in Southern Idaho. It is public and can be crowded. Your bro-in-law is going to need a boat.

mister gadwall likes this.
  5. ARHHH4

He doesn’t hunt much at all. I’ve taken him a few times here in Illinois but he works so dang much that he never really has time. Now his job took him to Idaho and I was just looking to see if it would be a possibility out there if we were to visit. Thanks for your response

6. waterswatter

waterswatter Elite Refuge Member

Being that it is Idaho, I'd say there is a very good chance he'll run into guys willing to take a guy out for a day. That might be the easiest way to go.

Btw, housing is really tight here. Did his employer help him find a place?

7. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Waterswatter, your sig says Oregon. Did you move to the Boise area?

8. ARHHH4

Yes. I dunno if they found it for him or not but they bought a house in Kuna. Morton paid for his relocation fees and the move fees with the moving company. They said it was super hard to find a home right now with everyone moving in and then the California ppl running from the fires.

9. waterswatter

waterswatter Elite Refuge Member

Still in Oregon but I am right on the border and always have been.

ARHHH4 likes this.
  10. IFSteve

IFSteve Elite Refuge Member

Yeah there are loads of CA people moving up here. But lets get real. It ISN"T to escape fires.

JHS76 and Mudtoes like this.