Kyack

Discussion in 'New York Flyway Forum' started by sneakbox, Nov 2, 2018.

1. sneakbox

sneakbox Refuge Member

My question is, has anyone ever duck hunted from a kayak? I recently purchased one and was looking for ideas on setting it up

2. mazenblue

mazenblue Refuge Member

I've never hunted out of one but my old hunting partner did. He made a removable blind out of PVC and some chick wire. I'm not sure of the make but it sat very low in the water, he used it more like a sit up blind.

3. HonkyKong

HonkyKong New Member

Mainly just use kyack to get to and from real skinny water spots, thought about using it as a layout type deal and came across a company called rancho safari that sells ghillie kyack covers

4. TheCanMan

TheCanMan Senior Refuge Member

I just picked up a NuCanoe Frontier 12 kayak this past weekend and plan to hunt out of it. They offer a layout and an upright blind. I went with the layout, waiting on delivery of the blind. I recently met someone who built their own using a PVC frame. The link for the NuCanoe kayak blind is here: https://www.nucanoe.com/accessories/hunting-accessories/

5. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Guys do it, but for me and my age I am weary of mixing cold water, hunting gear load, tides, wind and waves with a kayak.