Large pond drain tube fix??

Discussion in 'Habitat Forum' started by Click, Jun 4, 2021.

1. bird junkie

bird junkie Elite Refuge Member

Sleeve and then coat the outside with rubber/tar based coating. Maybe even get away with bed liner

2. gilzowg

gilzowg Elite Refuge Member

Your idea will work, but it’s others have mentioned their are products available to do exactly what you’re trying to achieve.

Rather than dig it up, buy a sock liner, resin and re-line the pipe. They have professional systems intended for long runs of pipe, but for what you’re talking about a fairly small investment and the line will be fixed for years.

Here is one site that shows how it’s done.
    https://maxlinerusa.com/lining-materials/

bird junkie likes this.
  3. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

They did that on the storm drains here and suddenly it all worked right again.

4. gilzowg

gilzowg Elite Refuge Member

We do it on storm water lines here and it works great. For this size, you could do it yourself and that thing would be there longer than the people using the pond.

They have some socks that you coat with resin, pull through the line and then pressurize with an air compressor and it seals everything from the inside and looks just like green PVC inside.

5. bird junkie

bird junkie Elite Refuge Member

That’s pretty bad azz!

6. Aunt Betty

What I saw the sort of pushed it into the hole then pressure turned the "hose" inside out pushing it into the pipe as it went. The turning it inside out activated the resin and hardener.
    I never asked how they go thru and cut holes or how they end a job. I suppose they measure and cut it off at a mark.

7. Click

Click Senior Refuge Member

Thanks for the ideas, I'll circle back later and let you know how things are going. Kinda tied up at the moment getting fall crops in the ground.

8. Aunt Betty

Yeah we did an impact analysis and decided to do a survey. When the survey returns we'll do a economic study then vote on a plan. It should only take until july 2023 at the soonest. Plz be patient.