Last day pic

Discussion in 'New Jersey Flyway Forum' started by NJ219bands, Nov 14, 2021.

1. NJ219bands

NJ219bands Senior Refuge Member

Got a black and drake mallard on the last day of the first half of the NJ Coastal Waterfowl Hunting Zone. Saw few ducks. Heard little shooting. D4504B05-23D2-4DCA-99F1-7633C6DEC429.jpeg

MeatDog717 and PaCowboy like this.
  2. PaCowboy

PaCowboy Senior Refuge Member

Good day NJ219bands. Do you think there's not many hunters or just few ducks that make for the little bit of shooting you heard?
    Is that a new gun for you??

3. NJ219bands

Most Coastal waterfowlers only hunt mornings. There was a 40 knot gale warning and flood tide. Only one trailer was at the public boat launch. A walk-in hunter fired 3 shots. There is usually few shots fired in the afternoon because the waterfowl don’t fly until an hour after sunset. I got a new SBE 3 Performance Shop Special Edition for $3,100.

4. PaCowboy

PaCowboy Senior Refuge Member

Thanks for the info.
    Very nice weapon! Are these the first ducks you killed with the new gun? How do you like it so far?

5. NJ219bands

It’s a few years old. I had a lot of malfunctions then tried a triple barrel shotgun. After the triple barrel started malfunctioning I switched back to the Benelli. Maybe the jams were part of the break in period. It’s lighter than the triple barrel. I shot waterfowl and crows with it. I’m hopeful that it won’t start malfunctioning again this season.