Late season geese—is this a typo?

Brottboss

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Yes this for N.E. but did you see where we can whack paired up nesting honkers for the first 2 days of the balance of the state late goose season!
I'm 100% fine with whacking nesting honks, the foothills are loaded with em.

green with ring

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Yes this for N.E. but did you see where we can whack paired up nesting honkers for the first 2 days of the balance of the state late goose season!
I just read that yesterday. It's going to work out good for me and where I have access to hunt Honkers. Hopefully there's still some around as I've been targeting them lately. Going out in a few hours to try to do it again.

HONKSRWORKN

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Yeah the NE gets a real Late season goose season , the rest of us only get 5 day minimum set by the Feds and it’s not enough time to really put a dent in any numbers of the billions of Snows and Specks we have in NOCal .. thought we were supposed to thin the numbers , and too me it seems like every year there’s more and more geese .. The only reason we even get a late season in Ka is because the Feds make them … or we wouldn’t have one at all …

Squaller

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Yeah the NE gets a real Late season goose season , the rest of us only get 5 day minimum set by the Feds and it’s not enough time to really put a dent in any numbers of the billions of Snows and Specks we have in NOCal .. thought we were supposed to thin the numbers , and too me it seems like every year there’s more and more geese .. The only reason we even get a late season in Ka is because the Feds make them … or we wouldn’t have one at all …
Late season goose hunting as a means of reducing goose numbers for environmental benefit is a farce... Great opportunity for hunters, but in no way a viable means of population control...

If the populations of geese are really that destructive, let the increase regulated Eskimo egg and nesting goose harvest (poorly regulated nesting goose/egg harvest is what caused a dramatic decrease in populations decades ago).

pumpgunner

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
It’s not the same as a conservation hunt. It’s to harass birds off of green crops and pastures. It’s an extra five days of hunting.

The mid continent seasons took an international treaty.

Latest posts