LEOs - How Abnormal is This? - Ashli Babbit Shooting

ALMODUX

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Can we not George Floyd this and admit that climbing through a window broken by force in the capital was forking around and finding out.

Like...come on y'all.

Gotta pick the right hill to die on. And this ain't it.

yeah….cuz remember all the lefties shot when they forced their way into the capital during the Kavanaugh hearings? Yeah….me either.

Lip Shooter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Not an LEO, but asking “why did it happen in the first place”. Consider that…

1: Venue aside, and thinking historically of recent examples of crowd disturbances nationwide, Ashley’s action was not new and unique and likely comparatively self restrained.

2: Bet that the response to Ashley was per a top down policy in place and not a knee jerk response by her shooter.
I don’t like doing the Floyd dance.

You honestly don’t think Ashley’s action were unique?

what other event would you consider the same?

API

PAF-CA Flyway
Reaction score

Lip Shooter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
The outrageous lawless behaviors in Portland and Seattle come immediately to mind.
Thats the same as breaking into the capitol?

I have a different opinion I guess.

grahler

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Politicians are above the law.
They felt threatened.
Therefore law itself no longer applies and shooting is ok as a penalty for trespassing.
It’s bad. Politicians could be sort of like ducks who are bulletproof and know it.
This has nothing to do with anything except that powerful people felt threatened.
Therefore their protectors are politically protected.
Times are bad the ducks are now bulletproof and they know it.

API

PAF-CA Flyway
Reaction score
In terms of actual damage, Portland and Seattle were worse. DC was mostly a symbolic act.

pintail2222

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

I have a different opinion I guess.
Some were welcomed into the Capitol by Capitol police thru doors - others broke in. But unlike the federal building in Portland being set on fire. The US Capitol was not set on fire.

Id like to see the DOJ go after those who rioted and destroyed Portland with the same fur out that they correctly went after those who vandalized the US Capitol.

What I find odd is that the majority of those being arrested have been arrested for being in the US Capitol unaccompanied and with out credentials - which is a Washington DC misdemeanor- not a Federal offense….

Last edited:

Lip Shooter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Some were welcomed into the Capitol by Capitol police thru doors - others broke in. But unlike the federal building in Portland being set on fire. The US Capitol was not set on fire.

Id like to see the DOJ go after those who rioted and destroyed Portland with the same fur out that they correctly went after those who vandalized the US Capitol.

What I find odd is that the majority of those being arrested have been arrested for being in the US Capitol unaccompanied and with out credentials - which is a Washington DC misdemeanor- not a Federal offense….

Id like to see more arrests and punishment in Portland and Seattle. Then go after the public officials who didn’t go after the perps for dereliction of duty.

Lip Shooter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Is it the duty of the Portland City Council and the Mayor to go after them? Or their local and State Police Depts and the DOJ?
I honestly don’t know. I just know there is break down out there on enforcing laws and the POS dropping the ball no enforcing the laws need to be held accountable for their lack of action.

Latest posts