Let’s here some reports

Discussion in 'Indiana Flyway Forum' started by OneShotBandit, Oct 24, 2020.

1. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

How you all do? I’m still have one more appointment from the eye surgeon before 8 go shooting.

2. oldman1949

oldman1949 Elite Refuge Member

I don't start "doing" until about Thanksgiving . With that said - seems like the geese are starting to bunch up a bit . Still feeding mostly on green . Not a lot of ducks where I hunt but there are a few .
    If the water stays like it is my little roost hole should start holding a few more . The week enders and top waters will have most of the water holes shot out by next weekend .

OneShotBandit likes this.
  3. OneShotBandit

Thx, Steve! I’m pretty sure the Doc will release me next Thursday! Typical Indiana NZ opener. My friends went to TriCounty & killed only one bird (drake Gadwall- fully plumed). They said they heard some geese.

4. sharkman

sharkman Elite Refuge Member

Hate to admit this one one virgil, didn't setup where I was told to in the big cornfield and payed for it dearly, they came up off the swamp and went the opposite direction, had to get that one off my chest virgil.

5. MikeBen

MikeBen New Member

Got in the worst corn spot at the slough. Seemed like a decent amount of birds but they were already flying educated patterns. Flying in the stratosphere then bee-lining straight for the safe spots. The normal blinds did “well”. Public land hunting sure is frustrating. Still happy to be back in the blind.
    I’ll say this though- Willow slough corn hunts are a drag. They really ruin a weekend. The action is never as good as it used to be by far. You wait for singles and doubles to maybe present a shot. Birds rarely decoy properly. And now you sit out there all day and waste the rest of your weekend. Hunt till sunset, home at 8pm. Too tired and no time to prep for next day hunt. I hope they change things at some point. The changes haven’t improved the numbers the property holds as far as I can tell. I seem to recall the rest of the property doing better when the corn had morning hunts. But then again I’m a hunter not a manager.

6. OneShotBandit

Damnit, shark! :doh :l :D

7. Buckhunter99

Buckhunter99 Refuge Member

Been seeing a few birds in the southern zone but nothing to get all worked up about. Back to public land this year. Lost my private place. The owner decided not to let anyone hunt due to the fact that too many people were asking him this year. Really sucks but that's just part of it.

8. OneShotBandit

Damn, that's a bummer, Buck!

9. MallardGuy

MallardGuy Refuge Member

Shot a two-man and two geese in an hour and a half opening day of North Zone. Second day most of the ducks were gone, only shot 6 between the two of us. Went to same spot last weekend and only shot two geese. Need more ducks to move in and I don't think this week's weather will help...

10. OneShotBandit

Sorry for that “Kyrptic” message! :l The Surgeon has released me and I now don’t need glasses to drive or shoot! :cool: I haven’t seen too much around here (Marion) either. I seen on Weather Underground that it get to 70 +/- this weekend? Good luck & have a safe hunt, guys! :tu