Lets hope it happens............

Discussion in 'Utah Flyway Forum' started by BBFlinger, Mar 28, 2010.

1. BBFlinger

BBFlinger Elite Refuge Member

Just got this from Val Bachman

Hi folks,

We plan on burning most of about 910 acres on Unit 3 of Ogden Bay WMA tomorrow (03/29/10). This is an exceptionally large burn close to residentially developed areas. A map showing the staging area and tomorrow?s burn site is attached. Formal burn plan objectives and a draft field map for fire personnel showing all Ogden Bay?s proposed 2010 burns are attached, also.

If you are an available outer gate control officer or fire management person, please arrive at the staging area at 7:30 a.m. All available UDWR Northern Regions? red carded personnel are requested. Other visitors are welcome into the staging area after 10:30 a.m.

The staging area is Ogden Bay?s parking lot #1 in Weber County northwest of Hooper. Take Roy/5600South (#338) exit off I-15 and proceed west on 5600South, which changes to 5500South as you come westward. Just stay on the road as it heads west. Approximately 7 miles west of I-15, 7500West at the T-intersection turn right and travel about 1.5 miles north going past the dead-end sign, through the outer gate and cattle guard at the entrance sign, and straight ahead to the parking lot. Do not turn left into the headquarters area.

? As a reminder, if trained in fire management prepare for a long day with miles of perimeter fire lines and possible interior re-ignition. Bring all of your PPE, maps, any thrown or launch-able ignition devices, canteens, hand-held radios having the Natural Resource Channel, lunches, knee/hip boots, gate keys, etc. We may not be stopping once the ignition/fire line is started, but snacks and drinks will be distributed in the morning.

See you there and thanks!

VCB

2. donk

donk Senior Refuge Member

Marty,
    do you have or know the link to get info on up coming burns.:flame
    thanks.

3. rjefre

rjefre Elite Refuge Member

Val attempted to burn many, many times over the last year but it never happened. The restrictions are so tight that it is really tough to actually get a burn done. I hope it happens too.
    R

4. BlackSunshine

BlackSunshine Senior Refuge Member

I saw some smoke around FB today and yesterday. Where they burning there as well? I hope so, burn you vile weed, burn!

5. Pintail Hunter

Pintail Hunter Elite Refuge Member

Their was some phrag burning done at some of the south shore clubs yesterday and today. More to come this week, weather permitting. I understand that there was a big burn today at the Harrison.

6. BBFlinger

7. cnegeese801

cnegeese801 Senior Refuge Member

burn baby burn!!!! Hope you lightem up today!!:tu

8. Stimmy

Stimmy Senior Refuge Member

I see a huge plume of black smoke out west!!:grvn:grvn Looks like a good burn!

9. BBFlinger

Somebody change the memory card in my camera. It wont interface with the printer for transfer. I will get them posted as soon as I can. I got the fortunate opportunity to go behind the fire lines with DWR. Trust me when I say this is a GREAT burn. Alot of heat and total consumption on most of the areas. Here are a few from my cell at a distance. they are of the canal going into Unit 3.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. BBFlinger

Figured it out.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]