lets see some pics!

Discussion in 'Utah Flyway Forum' started by rmk800, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Bear River Boomer

Bear River Boomer Elite Refuge Member

Do we really need to open old wounds? I may need my therapist after this one. My wife had these dress boots she loved, obviously more than the dog. Deke ventured into the uncharted territory of the closet and found some beautifully hand crafted leather boots, the kind of leather they pay African Pygmies to gnaw on to soften the leather (since they don't have teeth). Poor Deke couldn't resist putting his budding canines into the luxurious leather uppers, only to be caught red mouthed by the Missus. I was going about a productive day of fishing when I heard the scream.... I was in Idaho. It was followed by a yelp and my phone ringing. Did you know an upset females voice can travel faster than the modern miracle of wireless phones? I didn't either. At any rate, the boots were gonners. I was put about the task of finding replacements. I went with the mindset of "money is no object" and began a fruitless internet search. I checked every store between Logan and Italy. Nothing. I even tried calling Franco himself and asking him to ramp up production. I've found new release Avery decoys faster than these boots.

I still haven't found replacements. They've been close, but the heel is not square enough, or the leather design isn't just right, or the toe needs to be square or pointed... and I'm weird if I don't have the right camo pattern to match my shotgun? Alas, no replacements were found and the dog may or may not be able to get his groove on (we haven't seen his boys since), but my Mossy Oak Shadow Grass waders and jacket match my shotgun.

2. Raininfeathers

Raininfeathers Senior Refuge Member

Pretty much sums up this season so far.:cry
    [​IMG]
    Working 6-7 days a week is not very rewarding:mad:

3. Extex

Extex Elite Refuge Member

Dan we do need to get together. I still have your numbers if they are good!

4. dbennion

dbennion Senior Refuge Member

Yea I think so

5. Billcollector

Billcollector Senior Refuge Member

1st trip to the motherland a couple weeks ago
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. hooked

hooked Senior Refuge Member

Sorry it took so long.. But the only time I have thought to bring out the camera was on opening day. 4 hunters, 21 ducks. 3 limits and 1 HORRIBLE shooter.:z

Attached Files: