Liberty U

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by TheDuckSlayer, Sep 11, 2019 at 9:14 PM.

1. hobbydog

hobbydog Elite Refuge Member

This isn’t the only piece written about jr and Liberty. There are more like it from insiders now on the outside.

2. hartfish

hartfish Elite Refuge Member

Many parallels to what's going on with all the drama around Scientology. Power, greed, banishment to those who speak critically, etc.

stevena198301 likes this.
  3. hobbydog

hobbydog Elite Refuge Member

4. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Yes, while I wouldn’t call it a “hit piece,” I do believe part of the intention of the article was to point out Christian hypocrisy, even if the author doesn’t say it directly. Otherwise, why would he include the bits about the Falwells drinking in nightclubs and write about the wife pics? Nothing illegal there, just bald-faced hypocrisy of a supposed Baptist leader.

5. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Y'all please don't take my response above as defending them folks. That isn't what I meant. I just find the article a bit odd. DuckSlayer stated it well right above. Lot's of bits and pieces in that article that didn't need to be there that shows bias. It was unnecessary.

Athos likes this.
  6. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

If I make the statement "I fear for my life", what else would that imply? It is literally imposed into the opening pic, and referenced a few times in the article. There was a reason for that. It drums up hate and discontent. How the hell did you miss that statement in the article?

7. CookMan

CookMan Elite Refuge Member

No way! Lying, sex, money, greed and Christians.. Sounds about right!

Ruination and buck_master_2001 like this.
  8. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

If you think many on this forum are willing to join in the stone-throwing at Christianity or capitalism, however badly bassturdized either may be in this case, you are mistaken.

buck_master_2001 likes this.
  9. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Other than feeding ones ego what good does throwing stones at Christianity do when it's a person, or handful of people, that are the problem and not Christianity itself?

10. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

I think (and I'm not at all saying that I aim to do this here, cuz I don't) what the potential is, is for people to examine this handful of people and insist or imply that its part of a larger, more institutional trend of hypocricy in the Christian religion. While its a logical fallacy for sure and not near enough sample size (in this case n=1), this is just what some people are wont to do, esp those that are decidedly anti-Christian.

Also there are a lot of blind followers that will say that anything Christians or their orgs do isn't THAT bad, they were just misguided, the media is slamming them due to witch hunt type stuff, "secular america" is wanting to vilify orgs like this by overblowing allegations...

I am not in either camp here, just stating why it happens.