licensed Snow goose guides in Utah

Discussion in 'Utah Flyway Forum' started by DiverFreak, Feb 12, 2010.

1. DiverFreak

DiverFreak Elite Refuge Member

2. Swiss Goose

Swiss Goose Banned

I can't belive any one would pay to hunt snows in utah:doh:doh:doh

3. getsomecoot

getsomecoot Senior Refuge Member

4. rmk800

rmk800 Elite Refuge Member

Wow we agree, imagine that!

5. Swiss Goose

Swiss Goose Banned

Yea that's why I had to point it out. first the guide ban thread you did on the Idaho forum, and now this. is the world coming to a end?
    Oh and Darin, what happened to putting me on your ignore list like the PM you sent me said? I guess contrary to what you say, you do enjoy me!:cool:

6. bubba41

bubba41 Elite Refuge Member

Well it sounds like you two have dates tonight, its nice to see what Valentines day can do for a forum:eek:

7. Honka Meister

Honka Meister Senior Refuge Member

Yeah, we definately don't have the millions of birds that they have in the midwest or Canada, and they're not gonna have the Hundred bird days here. For the novelty of shooting snows though, you don't have to take 3 days of vacation at a minimun to shoot one day, drive anywhere(or fly and rent a rig) from 10 hours up, drop at least a $1000, $100 outa state license, not to mention the gear to hunt those things if you want to free lance.

If you do have the resources, heck yeah hit a big place, if not, not a bad choice to shoot a different bird that most around here don't get a regular chance at. :nutz

8. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

:fp:fp
    Swiss:
    You need to work on your comprehension. Go back and read the Darin?s post. He asked a question .
    It was the guys on the Idaho forum that jumped on the ?maintain the status-quoe of no more waterfowl guiding in Idaho?

9. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior Refuge Member

I agree with Honka.

It is pretty expensive to fly or drive to NB, SD or MO pay for lodging and a guide. It is also very expensive to equip yourself with the gear to really do it justice on your own here. The least expensive option for hunting snows (and you will learn a thing or two) is a local guided hunt. Obviously this doesn't apply to you if you have thousands of dollars worth of gear or are willing to travel to the central or miss flyway. But even a very dedicated waterfowler that wants to shoot a few Utah snows would benefit from a good local service.

Judging by all the very goofy attempts I saw last year, I don't think your average waterfowler here in UT understands yet how much is involved (work and gear) to make for a good snow goose hunt. And let me tell you, many of the attempts last year were goofy to say the least.

10. rjefre

rjefre Elite Refuge Member

That's why I sit the snow goose hunt out...I don't want to look any goofier than I already do. It's fun to see all the pictures of other "fugers" success though. Good luck to all that go!
    R