Lifetime Decoys Quality

HONKSRWORKN

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I still have some of the very first decoys I ever owned Carry lite Super mag pintails … still have original paint on a few .. they were bought in 86 … I’m sure they don’t make them anymore ..great decoy .. huge pulling power as they are massive ..but held up .. they got the paint right way back then and now the new companies seem to never get it right .. probably cus they outsource to the cheapest manufacturer in China .. cus they can all copy any decoy , getting the paint to stick different story

wtrfwlr43

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I still have some of the very first decoys I ever owned Carry lite Super mag pintails … still have original paint on a few .. they were bought in 86 … I’m sure they don’t make them anymore ..great decoy .. huge pulling power as they are massive ..but held up .. they got the paint right way back then and now the new companies seem to never get it right .. probably cus they outsource to the cheapest manufacturer in China .. cus they can all copy any decoy , getting the paint to stick different story
I have some Carry Lite Mallard Super Mags and a few Carrylite Pintail Supermags I bought in 1991. Paint adhered real well on them. I still use them today. Some of the standard size I bought in the late 80s lost their paint real fast.
Decoys now. When I get them I don't trust the paint on any of them. I wash them with Dawn detergent, Rinse them well, and dry them. Once they are dry I them spray several LIGHT coats of Rustoleum Clear Flat (or Matte if you can't find flat). I have had good luck doing this.

Last edited:

JP

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Have 2.5 dozen of their mallards bought in the summer of 2019 and used on ~80% of the hunts since then. Texas rigged and hauled (loose) in boats and trailer. Have not noticed appreciable paint loss on them. Purchased a dozen pintail and GWT a few months ago, right before the big price increase. They’re still in the boxes but will do the scratch test on them soon.

mightywalleyehunter

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Have 2.5 dozen of their mallards bought in the summer of 2019 and used on ~80% of the hunts since then. Texas rigged and hauled (loose) in boats and trailer. Have not noticed appreciable paint loss on them. Purchased a dozen pintail and GWT a few months ago, right before the big price increase. They’re still in the boxes but will do the scratch test on them soon.
How'd the paint hold up and would you recommend spraying a ultra thin flat clear coat?

JP

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Paint has held up remarkably well. Spraying a cover coat probably wouldn’t hurt.

wtrfwlr43

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
How'd the paint hold up and would you recommend spraying a ultra thin flat clear coat?
I have decoys in slotted bags and ones in large bags loose. The paint has held up well, 4-5 years so far. I did 3-4 thin coats (light or they can get shiny). I have done this on Avian X, GHG, and FA duck floater decoys. Rustoleum 302151 11 Oz Clear Dead Flat Universal Topcoat Spray Finish or I have used Matte when I couldn't get the Flat.

Latest posts