Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Light bar

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Rick Egner, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Rick Egner

Rick Egner Senior Refuge Member

Most of the I have permission for don't want pick ups & trailers in them, I use my old Polaris quad with a small trailer. The lights on it are horrible, my thought was mounting a light bar (21" - 24") on the front and wire it to the existing light switch. Has anyone done this? Amazon has millions of them, all different shapes & sizes. Looking for recommendations! Thx

2. BirdJ

BirdJ Elite Refuge Member

I don't put light bars on my pickup but do on my trailer. At the backend of the trailer I put a lawnmower battery in a battery box with clamps. When I get to the spot. I just open the backdoors and clamp on to the battery!! I have 2 small Led lights on the back, 1 up front on the corner of the side where my side door is and a 53'' in the middle.
    Friend of mine left his spread out so I could go out and adjust my lights when it was dark out to get the best angle I could get with my lighting and was a huge help!!! Also built wooden boxes to put over the lights for the summer to keep them from getting rained and hailed on also!!!!!!

3. Rick Egner

The quad and the little trailer go inside my decoy trailer. The little trailer has a fold away tongue and the side panels are removable, for hauling decoys/blinds out to fields. My intention is to use a light bar on the front of the quad to shed more light when setting/picking up.

4. Back2Maryland

Back2Maryland Senior Refuge Member

5. Rick Egner

I would indeed like to know the size & brand if it's not too much trouble! What's the purpose of the relay? My though was just tap into the top headlight and use the factory switch!

6. Back2Maryland

Back2Maryland Senior Refuge Member

It's a Mictuning 21.5" Light bar. Amazon has them for around $35. The relay allows you to use the factory headlight switch as a control to open or close a higher current circuit connecting the light bar directly to the 12v power supply on the quad. Your idea might work just as well.