List your Wal Mart gripes here

Feathers

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I primarily dislike how they are bad for everyone involved. Bad to their suppliers, bad to their employees and bad for their communities. But I pretty much dislike everything about it. The smell of the place makes my skin crawl. I refuse to support them because I feel they are an evil corporation. It’s been years since I have been in one and I refuse to buy anything online from them. I’ll gladly stop at several stores to avoid one stop at Walmart simply out of principle.

stevena198301

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I primarily dislike how they are bad for everyone involved. Bad to their suppliers, bad to their employees and bad for their communities. But I pretty much dislike everything about it. The smell of the place makes my skin crawl. I refuse to support them because I feel they are an evil corporation. It’s been years since I have been in one and I refuse to buy anything online from them. I’ll gladly stop at several stores to avoid one stop at Walmart simply out of principle.
WalMart has enough weight to demand manufacturers modify their products to meet their junk specifications and lowball prices or face the consequences (being outcompeted by another selected brand, into bankruptcy). I try my best to not use them for anything. Still happens, though.

15thTN

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
My biggest gripe about Walmart, is I can't shop with a club. Would love to thump some heads, and knock people out of the way.

Holesinthesky

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I hate going in there, but do fairly often as it's hard to argue with the convenience. It's that or run around town to 5 different stores that aren't much better anyway.
Regardless of the store the checking out is always the frustrating part. I actually like the self checkouts, there just needs to be more of them.
I don’t work there, I am not checking myself out, unless by doing so I get a 20% discount.

If I am trying to checkout, and only 1 or 2 lines open, with 15 people in each. I leave the cart there and walk out.

Hence the reason, I usually shop at Publix.
Plus Publix is always cleaner, neater.

Birdcrazy

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I'm crushed they have'nt accepted my application to be a greeter.....sum b!tches!

tripper

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I don’t work there, I am not checking myself out, unless by doing so I get a 20% discount.

If I am trying to checkout, and only 1 or 2 lines open, with 15 people in each. I leave the cart there and walk out.

Every time I go in Lowes or Home Depot, they always ask me if I'd like to use the self checkout. My answer is always, "If I do, what's next? Will I have to stock the shelves for you?"

tcc

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

I simply don't get that gripe. I don't go to a store like that for service, to be catered to, or chatted with---I'm just there to obtain whatever product I need and that's it. The quickest, easiest way for me to do that in most cases is to via self-checkout. My only gripe with them is the stupid rules on needing approval for stupid things and there not being enough of them open and working.

fowlwhacker

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I don't understand the concept of some walmarts having security checking most folks receipts upon leaving more so in not so great areas then other walmarts have no security folks checking anything on the way out and the exit security systems are continually going off due to items folks have that have sensors on them that were either not removed or scanned or they 5 fingered them.

carolina girl

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I simply don't get that gripe. I don't go to a store like that for service, to be catered to, or chatted with---I'm just there to obtain whatever product I need and that's it. The quickest, easiest way for me to do that in most cases is to via self-checkout. My only gripe with them is the stupid rules on needing approval for stupid things and there not being enough of them open and working.
I agree with this. Whatever gets me out of the store quicker.

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
My gripe with the self-checkouts stems from their having replaced express lanes where you were limited to 15 or so items. Many people appear to have an inability to consistently put the UPC over the scanner and take an inordinate amount of time per item. This inability seems connected to a genetic selfishness which causes them to heap a cart full of groceries, bypass the 2-3 human checkers and hit the self-check lane with those of us holding a can of coffee and loaf of bread.