LOCKSTEP LABRADORS

Discussion in 'Photography Forum' started by Irishwhistler, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Irishwhistler

Irishwhistler Senior Refuge Member

[​IMG]
    Lockstep Labradors ~ TRAD and MAC appear to be tightly synchronized, the duo shadowing one another as they make entry to a river we worked in earlier today.

Cheers,
    Mike ☘️

metalworx likes this.
  2. WuChang

WuChang Elite Refuge Member

Hey Whistler

I am swapping some web work for a photo session of a youngish lab with his owners. One of the shots they want is some water entry shots.

What general settings are you using ie shutter speed or wide open Aperture-- ISO

I have a pretty good idea how I'm going to do it but I haven't seen the dog nor have I scouted the place where they want to do the session.

Its getting close to duck season and I don't know how much time I will have if I have to re-shoot.....so I am just doing "my due diligence" LOL

3. Irishwhistler

Bill,
    I generally do not use pre-sets and adjust on the fly manually as needed. I shot this to meet the conditions found on location and set the ISO at 3200, -2ev at f11 and 1/1000 sec., using a Zeiss zoom at 220mm.

Hope that is helpful, but as conditions vary so much, it will likely require you to deviate to meet those demands.

Cheers,
    Mike ☘️

4. WuChang

WuChang Elite Refuge Member

Thanks Mike---
    I tend to shoot at a faster shutter speed and as you say background and light conditions determines the ISO

I will test out the f11 aperture but it makes sense for depth of field---

it isn't like you can't miss focus at f11 but you would really have to work at it eh?LOL

Irishwhistler likes this.
  5. Irishwhistler

Bill,
    ROGER THAT and good luck with your shoot.

Mike ☘️