Long Island guides interesting plea...

Discussion in 'New York Flyway Forum' started by Mr.Bones, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Mr.Bones

Mr.Bones New England Moderator Moderator

2. woodieblaster

woodieblaster Elite Refuge Member

I find it amazing that a guide service can show such a blatant disregard for wildlife regulations and get away with such a light penalty.

These guys should have lost their guiding licenses for a minimum of 5 years. Instead they'll find some other guys to run their boats for a year and then be right back to the same garbage.

3. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Let word get around what these guys are all about, is about all you can do, I think.

4. Mr.Bones

Just trying to understand how, if caught with LEO in the act, they can get a soft plea like that? :scratch

5. Finfeathr

Finfeathr Senior Refuge Member

Wildlife violations have always been a slap on the wrist for a very long time, and they probably have a decent lawyer.
    Honestly, I don't know why the Govt. bothers putting the time and money into the investigation when the punishment is downplayed.:scratch

6. Mr.Bones

Agreed - seems like a lot of expense and time for a small return of justice. BTW - was this the same guide that also had been rumored to have taken a Harli? Wonder if those charges - if there were any - where included in this plea.

7. dragon1681

dragon1681 Elite Refuge Member

That's him. Also the same guide who would take his clients out and set up right next to other hunters. Same forum sponser who when several members complained about his ethics on this forum they where thrown off. You would think a guy with a boat that big with his outfits name in giant letters on the side would go out of his way to do right. Big brother is always watching.

8. Band Buster

Band Buster Elite Refuge Member

Wow I am shocked!

No not really!! Totally agree with woodieblaster.

9. duck stopper

duck stopper Elite Refuge Member

Keep in mind that many of their "clients" were probably "visited" by the Feds to get further evidence of violations. That, and the chatter on these forums also has a monetary value.

The loss of their Captain's Credentials for a year seems like a big deal. Yes? No?

10. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

Loss of Captain's credentials essentially knocks them out of the game for a year, unless they get someone else to run the boat.

$5,000 for a first time offense is pretty decent, not saying more would not have been better, but comparable to other guides who get clipped it is probably inline with similar offenses/penalties.

I wonder if the Judge considered making them change their name to "Knock'em Down AND Pick'em up"