Longshot question, but has anyone ever sponsored a refugee or humanitarian parolee?

Clam

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Simple communications (questions etc.) with the us government is nearly impossible. I did find “ uniting for Ukraine” websites. It looks like they can get a two year visa.

Peter Goodman

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
We have two families from Ukraine in our town since early spring. One has daughter graduating from our high school next week. Tradition going back 100 years is girls graduate with long white dress and a dozen roses - families have kicked in to make sure she graduates like every other girl in her class.

Scobrey

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Colorado, skillfully avoiding the liberal plague
Thanks for the ideas. We considered a lawyer, didn't think about the potential right off work!. I probably will make some calls on that in Monday. We are also looking into the united for ukraine. She's in the process of trying to get to lviv to get their passports. Apparently applications are being handled in Frankfurt and that is now the immediate goal. I agree on basic communication with the gov't. It looks like the parole, which sounds odd, might be the quickest answer. She has every intent to return, just hope she has a country to return to!! My brother in law lives around Wilmington, quite a few ukranian refugees in the area, he's looking into assistance there.

Thanks again and much appreciated.

letmwurk

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
It might be worth a shot to call your congressman's office and see if they can't help. They have people on staff to help constituents with issues like this.

Close Shot

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
It might be worth a shot to call your congressman's office and see if they can't help. They have people on staff to help constituents with issues like this.
This is great advise, look at your Senator's office too.

Vahunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
For sure. I called ours at the time. Turns out we didn't really need their help but they were willing......

JoJer

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score