Looking for a Boat Trailer, Northern Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Flyway Forum' started by Dr Swane, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Dr Swane

Dr Swane Elite Refuge Member

The in-laws were on their way up to northern Wisconsin and their boat trailer broke. I’m not sure what’s broken, but I was told by my wife they’ll need a new trailer and the boat has been delivered to their campsite/launched at the lake they’re staying at. They’ll be up there for a week. My father in law is looking for a new or used boat trailer in that area to have within the week, so he doesn’t have to leave his boat.

any recommendations on where to look, or who may have inventory? Hayward, Wisconsin.

thanks in advance!

2. Shirleyshusband

Shirleyshusband Elite Refuge Member

I don't know anything about up there but you might want to mention boat size/make...might narrow the search.

3. Dr Swane

Nitro, Z19 Fiberglass boat, with an outboard. The broken trailer is a Single Axle.

4. Lmbkiller

Lmbkiller Elite Refuge Member

Doesn’t solve your problem but that’s why the trailer is broke, single axle. That boat should have a tandem axle underneath it, especially if it sees the road a lot

5. Dirk Van Schmaldlerson

Dirk Van Schmaldlerson Elite Refuge Member

Call the dealer. That trailer should still be under warranty seeing as it’s only 3 years old. Agree with @Lmbkiller and put that on a tandem.

6. Dirk Van Schmaldlerson

Also sport o motive is a Nitro dealer in the valley that might be able to help in the matter.

7. Dr Swane

Boat and trailer are 14 years old. I contacted one dealer, only deals in pontoon trailers. Maybe I picked the wrong model boat as a reference. Regardless, it’s a nitro fiberglass fishing/sport boat. Trying to save the family some hassle so they can enjoy their week away.

8. Dirk Van Schmaldlerson

What’s broke? A hub or axle can be fixed pretty quickly on site if needed.

9. Dr Swane

10. fishmunkee

fishmunkee Elite Refuge Member

Try to get the trailer repaired to salvage the vacation then shop for a tandem trailer if the boat will be towed much at all. When I decided to move to a tandem (nothing but problems with the single axle) pretty much no one really wanted to deal with the $5-7K sale of just a trailer - it was frustrating. Ended up calling Rock River Marine in Edgerton and they were awesome to deal with. A new trailer is 5-8 weeks out as no one typically stocks trailers for anything but new boats and trailer manufacturer will have to find the jigs for an older boat model.