California Flyway Forum Sponsors

Looking for a pup / started dog...

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by freefall, Jan 7, 2021.

1. vital_kill

vital_kill Elite Refuge Member

Karen is a stand up gal. She knows what she is doing and I have see her run her dogs. Honest person.

Dan Mallia and freefall like this.
  2. 7pntail

7pntail Elite Refuge Member

Hurry up freefall. This lil guy would like a training partner. 68125E0E-B3A8-403C-8AF5-37128760A540.jpeg

3. freefall

freefall Elite Refuge Member

I’d love to get together and train again !

7pntail likes this.
  4. WILDDUX

WILDDUX Elite Refuge Member

Karen is great...I tried to get one of her pups earlier this year (March) but her litters for the rest of the year had been spoken for. I had a hell of a time finding a good Black Female, I tried all over the West Coast. I ended up getting my girl from Gun Dog Retrievers in SoCal.

Dan Mallia and freefall like this.
  5. freefall

freefall Elite Refuge Member

Her current litter is spoken for as well. There doesn’t seem to be much of anything out there to choose from unfortunately...

WILDDUX likes this.
  6. Jabird

Jabird Elite Refuge Member

Yeah hurry up @freefall! Since we don’t shoot any ducks I need a training partner for Luke

7. duckme

duckme Elite Refuge Member

8. AzSprig

AzSprig Elite Refuge Member

I just put a deposit on a littler out of Missoula that's due in March/April . The breeder is Big Sky Retrievers, Sire is Bullet, Dam is Molly. Might be worth a look and see if that's the type of yeller your looking for. Good luck amigo..

7pntail, freefall and yellowlabhunter like this.
  9. Slick

Slick Senior Refuge Member

I can lead to a number of really good started and finished labs. However, if you follow me better be prepared to pay. Started: $3500-4500, finished $5000-10000. Sold my near finished trial dog 18mos ago at 22 mos age. Wanted $8k and had multiple offers. Ended up selling to a guy for $6000 because most important thing was to know I would be sending my dog to a really great home where the dog would have a wonderful lifetime of hunting. The who offered the stretched $6000 was my best choice and therefore got the
    Dog. After the 1st season guy calls .e to thank me for letting him have dog. The guy and his grown son hunting partner were beyond totally satisfied with the purchase. Dog quickly adapted to his new home, grandkids love the dog, wife adores dog. 1st season dog retrieves over 300 birds and only misses on a small handfull(tough cold blinds). I'm so happy and relieved. Day I sold that young dog I had tears in my eyes when I hugged her and said goodbye knowing I would probably j never see her again. Geez, have a tear in my eye while typing this. Not hardly a day goes bye I don't think about her

10. Labsforme

Labsforme Senior Refuge Member

You made the best choice. I had a Merlyn pup that was a nice dog.Just not a trial dog. Got a better home than me when a couple from Germany drove 11 hours to see her and took her home. Here is our Kid "pup" that came home last March. The person ( not me) who did the basics messed him up. Can mark very well, blinds are weak. I may still try to get him back. Loves hunting and hasn't broken,yet. :) His first honker, 11 lbs.

1122201327_resized.jpg

Attached Files:

7pntail and freefall like this.