Looking for help in pricing ammo

Clam

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I agree with Bill. Postin photos or descriptions with inventory is the easiest way to determine a value. You are going to have to inventory it eventually anyway.

I’m sorry for your loss.

Billy Bob

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Age of the ammo matters even less in current situation

Dr Swane

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Hi, My husband passed away and I find myself with a lot of ammo that I want to sell. I wonder if anyone has suggestions on how I can figure out prices so that I don't end up giving it away for less than it is worth. I have someone that might buy the whole lot but said he would give me less than wholesale. Somehow that just does not feel good to me. I have considered getting a table at a gun show but again I have no idea what to price things at. I have around 100 boxes that range from 12, 20, 16, 28 gauge alone with 22, 41mag, 9mil and probably others.

Any ideas are appreciated.

TX
Where are you located?

Newer 12gauge target loads fair price $8-11/ box
Hunting 12gauge $12-20+ depending on brand /box
20gauge will be about the same ranges.

16gauge can bump those prices $3-5/box

28gauge would be about $10-15/box for target loads
And $13-25/box for hunting loads

.410 target loads $12-18/box .410huntjng loads $15-25/box

These are higher “fair market value prices” estimates. Can always lower the price $1-3/box to move inventory.

As far as .22 and 9mm, .22 is about $0.05/round at the low end

9mm $0.15-$0.35/round depending.

MRS. T.T.

Reaction score
Wow, thank you for the information. I appreciate it.

I live in Orofino, ID, we moved from Eastern Washington. Wanted to be close to the river for fishing.

MRS. T.T.

Reaction score
I agree with Bill. Postin photos or descriptions with inventory is the easiest way to determine a value. You are going to have to inventory it eventually anyway.

I’m sorry for your loss.
Thank you, I think the next thing will be to just start doing an inventory and go from there. I admit that every time I open the closet I just look at it and then close the door again. Time to get it done.

Billy Bob

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
When you settle on pricing, advertise the ammo in the classifieds in the Washington forum here. Lots of hunters near your location may be willing to drive to pick it up if the price is right.

MRS. T.T.

Reaction score
Thank you!

I appreciate everyone's help. I now have a plan, take an inventory and look up prices. Sounds simple enough but I just couldn't get my mind around it.

Thank you everyone

JFG

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I think all you’d need to do is simply post what you have here and not worry about looking up retail prices on every different brand. We, collectively, can quickly determine what the shells should sell for in todays marketplace. It’s then up to you to determine what price you want sell. Selling all as a Lot will not garner quite as much money but then again you probably don’t won’t to mess with multiple “retail” transactions from many different buyers for a few dollars more. One and done simplifies things sometimes.

Myself, along with a multitude of other guys have been on this forum for decades and will do there very best to steer you in the right direction. Hope we can help you out. Sorry for your unexpected loss…

PantherMartin

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
One of the easiest and best ways to do it is separate the shells as to their brand, size of shot, caliber, etc. Several brands, same size of shot can go together. This is called a mixed lot. Consign it to a Gun Auction. They will figure it out. We have several in KS and there's always lots of ammo of all gauges and calibers. It usually sells quite well. Especially now. Some of it sells for more than you can buy it because a lot of stuff isn't available now. I help people sell stuff at the Carr Auction in Larned as an example. Another example is a person just had 4 boxes, 200 rounds, of .22 shells. They got 20 bucks. That's better than some jerk weed trying to take advantage of you. In my opinion. You can do a Google search for Gun Auctions. I'm sure they have them where you live considering you might have to drive a little ways.