Looking for hunting buddies in Mid Willamette Valley

Discussion in 'Oregon Flyway Forum' started by CuppedWings, Nov 30, 2007.

1. CuppedWings

CuppedWings New Member

If you are looking to partner, or need a partner, I am interested. I have a flexible schedule. I am ethical, laid back and looking for the same. Have a trained dog, lots of dekes, and some places to hunt. Ducks or Geese.

Sauvies good, Fern Ridge, farm land, or willamette, or wherever the birds are.

Scott

2. benny boy

benny boy Senior Refuge Member

Scott-
    I was thinking about doing the same sort of post on here. I am a student here at OSU and will be having about a month off for christmas break, would love to get out there and hunt if you aren't afraid to hunt with a kid! I have a few areas here and there but am always up for learning new ones and learning from someone with a lot more experience. PM me if you want to go hunting!
    Ben

3. MadMerganser

MadMerganser Moderator Moderator

I'll likely be around Corvallis sometime around xmas. If you want to hook up for a hunt. Ducks or geese although I would love to do a goose hunt. Have good full bodies and a layout blind. Let me know.
    -Lem

4. carchie

carchie Senior Refuge Member

If you every make it up to Sauvie's to hunt the westside.
    Send me a PM a day or two in advance, it helps to know alot of hands when placing them in the chip bag.

5. shawfowl

shawfowl Elite Refuge Member

Where Sea and Land meet in The Great NorthWest.
    If you make it to the south coast give me a shout.But we do hunt up around Fern Ridge and J.C. alot for geese.I will let you know next time where up that way.

6. mad dog

mad dog Elite Refuge Member

Anyone Interested in doing a permit zone cackler shoot? I have a trailer full of DSD's and 8-10 layout blinds. The folks live in the fernridge area so Eugene to Salem is in my zone.

7. CuppedWings

CuppedWings New Member

Thanks for the replies guys, I am getting ready to embark on a trip to Umatilla and Pendleton for pheasants. Will respond when I return.

Scott

8. shawfowl

shawfowl Elite Refuge Member

Where Sea and Land meet in The Great NorthWest.

Terry let us know when you want to get together for a hunt.I gave David some info for the coast,just waiting to hear from him when he come's over.It would be most likely 3 of us if you have room.I think we might hunt some of the same field's around Fern Ditch.Give me call if you still have my number,if not PM me.

Shawn

9. mad dog

mad dog Elite Refuge Member

Shawn, David is all hung up on the Idea of blasting some sea ducks :nutz

I don't get it, but what the hell....I'm just a goose hunter anyway :tu

I think if I went I'd want to cast out some sturgeon bait instead :grvn OH, and next spring I'm gonna be all over those stripers :tu

Actually I haven't hunted the permit zone in a couple of seasons but I do know I have hunted a few of the fields you hunt in the past.

10. Nads

Nads Senior Refuge Member

I live up in Salem, but have been wanting to take the boat down and try scouting some sections of the river in the Corvallis/Albany area. Maybe we can hook up some time.