North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Sponsors

Lost an old member

Discussion in 'North / South Carolina Flyway Forum' started by landman, May 2, 2021 at 5:34 PM.

1. bufflehead1

bufflehead1 Senior Refuge Member

I guess we won’t be getting any more duck reports from High Rock.

Sorry to hear it.

IrvingForbes and JFG like this.
  2. burgawboy

burgawboy Elite Refuge Member

I’m sorry to hear about both Troy and Chris. They both seemed like really good guys.

3. JFG

JFG Elite Refuge Member

As mentioned, Tony and Chris were a couple of the early day Fuge members and genuinely good guys. I knew Foster well in that we both were members years ago of the infamous HQ (Head Quarters) over on GCI. Lot of good times, meals and memories shared with him. Had not seen him in a while until one day after hunting he stopped over at my place to say hello. He looked and sounded great. Apparently this past year he got Covid but I’m not sure how much that played into it. He had battled some medical issues for a long time. One thing for sure. He loved God and served him and the folks around him well. I respect that immensely.

Troy also was a great, God loving and a super nice person. Although I only met him once, we PM’s occasionally when we wanted to talk about things on the Fuge that we couldn’t post! Of course, Troy didn’t let many opportunities get by to sometimes crush another fuger’s statements but usually it was in jest. Was also one of those funny guys with a good sense of humor that really meant no ill will on anyone. Hate that I didn’t know him better, his obituary really brought out all the wonderful things he did and just the kind of person he was.

RIP fellers, would be honored to have a seat up there with y’all one day ....

Last edited: May 4, 2021 at 9:02 AM
  4. cbrtrvr

cbrtrvr Senior Refuge Member

Sorry to hear RIP God speed praying for his family

5. BoykinDog

BoykinDog Senior Refuge Member

Such sad news about these guys. Knew Troy pretty good from being on here in the old days. I still miss Bill Duncan (Bull Cook) and all of his wisdom.
    RIP Gentlemen

IrvingForbes likes this.
  6. Big Fig

Big Fig Elite Refuge Member

I also remember them both from here. Never met them, but wish I had. Very sad news.