California Flyway Forum Sponsors

Lowa Boots...

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by freefall, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Ross Seiler

Ross Seiler Refuge Member

Every guide that I work with or know in the south west wears Kenetreks. They are tough, comfortable, and hold up. I put a lot of miles on my feet when lion hunting. Certain things, a little extra money is worth it

Anitra and freefall like this.
  2. Flyfisher

Flyfisher Elite Refuge Member

I changed over to Crispi made in Italy like my shotguns...;)

freefall likes this.
  3. freefall

freefall Elite Refuge Member

I knew you were a closet Benelli fan.

Flyfisher likes this.
  4. MAKAIRA

MAKAIRA Elite Refuge Member

I have been impressed with the Kenetreks.Anice forum member gave me a half off voucher So I ordered a pair. They just fit for me and would be worth a grand. Couldn’t get any others to fit right.
    I bought a insulated pair on eBay that were hardly worn for a $150.
    Check out 24 campfire or Rockslide and you can find deals.I also went with after market insoles-not cheap but use them in my Asolo boots also.
    I think there are many really nice boots in the market and find one that fits and go for it!

freefall likes this.
  5. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

I went Kenetrek and Crispi over last few years - couple different setups. keep an eye on Black Ovis - can get pretty good deals.

6. Sweatliner

Sweatliner Elite Refuge Member

Definitely kick down the cash on good boots for backpack hunts. The high country in Wy is no joke. Probably 20 years ago had what I thought was a decent pair of boots. One brutal backpack hunt in the high country and they literally fell apart. Had to throw them away. Have been using Meindl since. Have been great.

That’s probably my favorite hunt there is. Nothing like sitting in a high mountain basin at 10,500’ and glassing monster bucks. It’s awesome. Then you shoot something and swear to yourself you will never do this again without horses.

Brottboss and freefall like this.
  7. freefall

Which insoles did you go with?

8. freefall

My current set are Meindl’s as well. However after last years hunt the midsole disintegrated. I had to run into town and grabbed a set of Merrell MOAB’s since it was warm. They worked but I need to upgrade and wanted to try something new.

I’m looking for a set of “hikers” for average ware, fishing & such & a set for heavier use. I do like some of the Lowas for the hiking need but I’ll give the Kenetreks a hard look.

9. Jabird

Jabird Elite Refuge Member

No experience with them, but I’ve heard good things about Schnees boots.

10. hunt'ngreen

hunt'ngreen Elite Refuge Member

I've owned every boot mentioned so far, have had a pair of the Kenetrek mountain extremes for years now, the are really well made boots, very supportive and stiff. They got some break in time on them, what ever you choose, you might want to pull the trigger now and start the break in on them now, so your good to go come season. Dropping cash on your feet comfort is money well invested, it's last place to skimp. Good luck with your choice.

Dan Mallia and freefall like this.