Lower scum level than SF?

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by API, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

What? I do not understand your point here???

The campaign for defunding the police seems like an atrocious idea if you are trying to help minorities suffering from high crime and high murder rates. Getting rid of local jails seems like an even worse idea.

Were it me, I would far rather be tasered or sprayed rather than shot, and I would infinitely rather have my children tasered or sprayed rather than shot. Are you against non-lethal weapons for the police.

Mobs of people defacing public and private property, destroying businesses... Is it your assertion that the police should not intervene? Should the owners of the businesses and properties being affected be allowed to intervene? Cause I would guess that someone protecting their own property with the knowledge that there will be no police intervention, would go far more poorly than police intervention (for all involved).

To be clear, the police did not escalate the situations and the rioting that we are seeing taking place... A minority of poorly trained or poorly chosen officers have made some mistakes that have caused a reaction based on a narrative that is simply not true. If we look at the numbers (including crime rates and percentage of population) the numbers fairly well line up. Innocent people have been unjustly killed or injured by both negligent and/or malicious behavior by a minority of people in a given profession. Some have honestly been killed or injured by some unfortunate, but honest mistakes.

It is an unfortunate truth that blacks have an exponentially higher chance of being killed by other blacks than they do of being killed (purposely or by mistake) by the police. It seems then that an increased police presence would tremendously benefit the black community and society as a whole. Increasing funding, and training, and social interaction with school-aged children with the police would go far further towards the benefit of the black community than would defunding the police and the prison system.

WoodieSC, hunting1, Bigshot75 and 4 others like this.
  2. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

3. Ruination

Ruination Elite Refuge Member

It was... a joke. I was saying Seattle is an experiment.

4. Ruination

Ruination Elite Refuge Member

It's a pretty obvious joke.

5. The Mad Duck

The Mad Duck Elite Refuge Member

Right..Seattle is a Wiley E Coyote experiment that is going to blow up in Wiley's face. I always routed for the Roadrunner anyway.

widgeon likes this.
  6. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator

You're arguing with a troll...why waste your time?

Bigshot75 likes this.
  7. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Help out a guy who never went to college and please use an emoji or two. Like the laughing one :l Or the Funny but not really one :no

Helps us who never went to college

8. newduk

newduk Elite Refuge Member

Excellent post!

9. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

Someone is slipping in magazines into the "protest" area. Theyre gonna keep on pushing til some people get killed and then they can blame Trump for not doing enough to stop it.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  10. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

They are hoping the feds step in and then "overstep their bounds" in order to make the President fit his reputation as a "big meanie." They have the media downplaying and ignoring the violence of the rioters and highlighting every push back by the feds. They are looking for a "see, I told ya so" moment.