California Flyway Forum Sponsors

Lying?

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by yellowlabhunter, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Dan Mallia

Dan Mallia Elite Refuge Member

And can “truthful” and “Waterfowl Hunter” be muttered in the same sentence? :l :dv

JRS, Canyoncrosser and JuvieCoot like this.
  2. Big Daddy Gaddy

Big Daddy Gaddy Elite Refuge Member

Yep. Both ways. There are as many sandbagged pics as there are ducks with sunken eyes. Unless you were there believe nothing.

3. Duckfiend

Duckfiend Senior Refuge Member

Using birds from multiple days is not lying unless you say they are from the same day. Recycling limits is not lying unless you say they are news birds but this would be pointless as those birds images have already been shared so there is some implied dishonesty there. Some people post images of their birds to share with others not for the likes. The simplest solution is to delete your Facebook account and never visit the site. Problem here lies with the end users of Facebook and other social media that use it as some type of alternative reality that is easily manipulated then complain about the manipulation. Just don’t look at the pics if it bothers you that much. Who cares if people are dishonest if it does not impact you? Facebook is not a positive thing for society. If fishermen are none to be dishonest why would duck hunters be any different?

Mean Gene likes this.
  4. Daniel D

Daniel D Senior Refuge Member

I will never unfollow you in real life

5. Dan Mallia

:l :l :l

6. freefall

freefall Elite Refuge Member

When it doubt, plead the 5th and dont say anything...

Mean Gene likes this.
  7. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator

FIFY. :l

8. DBukiah

DBukiah Senior Refuge Member

I think the post you're talking about is from maybe Wednesday. He never said what day the hunt was. Sure, it's implied it was Sunday, but that I doubt. Unless the guys I passed coming out of 16 were hiding their birds. 16 on Wed. shot 5.8 avg. many blinds were open on Wed. because people didn't show.

9. California Flyway

California Flyway Elite Refuge Member

I posted a picture here and got accused of somehow not killing birds because my dog was too clean, the eyes were not right to them blah, blah, blah. I even offered the name of the landowner (Larry Stornetta - Stornetta Farms) who witnessed the limit of ducks when I stopped by his house on the way out and showed him the seven Mallards, but that did not satisfy the picture critics. No one called him but they continued to assert they knew more than me or Larry about the hunt. Unbelievable. I and a number of folks do not post pictures here anymore for reasons like that. I do not need any stroking for picture of birds bagged but some here do.
    There will always be munchkins who take cheap keyboard shots at others success.

10. Dan Mallia

This again :doh