M3000 as a backup for $350?

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by SkolMNDuckHunter, Jul 14, 2020.

1. SkolMNDuckHunter

SkolMNDuckHunter Senior Refuge Member

On the Cabelas sale I was complaining about for nothing being actually available you can actually order the m3000 online for $350 in MOB. I'm tempted for just a backup/loaner/beater at about the price of an 870 Express. Who knows, maybe I'd love it.
    Not sure where you'd pick up a new semi auto in camo for less than that, and the Stoegers do seem to have their fans.

What I really need is someone to slap me and say "of course you need to buy that for that price dummy" or alternatively "you moron it's a Stoeger, you shouldn't spend $20 on that POS"

Get my drift?

2. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

Buy it. A friend of mine replaced his SBE2 with one and likes it just as much. I've never seen it malfunction on any of our hunts.

3. dwr353

dwr353 Senior Refuge Member

My late hunting partner bought one. He liked it so much he used it instead of his Extrema! I did give him grief about that. I think of him and departed friends in those few minutes before shooting time. Good-natured ribbing is what I remember more than the piles of birds.

wescott2 likes this.
  4. oleww

oleww Elite Refuge Member

If it’s truely a backup gun, make sure the shells fit.
    I had a client needing to use his old trusty backup 870, you know, because a pump will shoot anything.... except that he had 3.5” ammo.

5. SkolMNDuckHunter

SkolMNDuckHunter Senior Refuge Member

Never plan to have a 3.5" shell in hand. 80% of the time I'm shooting 2-3/4". Thanks for tip though :tu

6. mudhen

mudhen Elite Refuge Member

It would take more than $350 to get me to shoot a Stoeger...

Tuleman likes this.
  7. 07AMF

07AMF Senior Refuge Member

Tempting. It would be a good beat around gun. I wouldn’t have to worry about damaging my Auto 5 or A303.

8. gold10

gold10 Senior Refuge Member

I tried to order a sale gun off their website on Monday. It looked like it was available online and it let me add it to my cart. After entering all the payment info I went to “Place Order” and it told me there was insufficient inventory. Kind of ticked me off but I’ve come to expect disappointments with Cabela’s. So if you decide to purchase online hopefully it works out for you.

9. magnumyammerhammer

magnumyammerhammer Senior Refuge Member

Sounds like a pretty good deal. I'm looking at a P350 at the local hardware store for the same purpose. They have it marked foe $299, but I'm gonna try to talk him down a little :)

10. markd

markd Elite Refuge Member

The 3" Stoeger semi autos either work fine, or they don't, you'll know right away. If it isn't flawless, send it back. Immediately and get another one.

The pumps on the other hand are a POS. I would not waste my time. For $299, get a used 870 or 835.

magnumyammerhammer likes this.